"Crush" Davis in the HR Derby

TonySoprano

I still like whittling down with rounds, but would prefer it to be cumulative. So like, the top 4 continue and keep there round one amount, or something like that.

I'd be OK to have the top two go head to head for a final showdown but they would still go by total number. In other words if Crush had 14 and Harper had 12 then Harper would have to hit 3 more than Crush in the showdown round to win.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd be OK to have the top two go head to head for a final showdown but they would still go by total number. In other words if Crush had 14 and Harper had 12 then Harper would have to hit 3 more than Crush in the showdown round to win.

Yea, that's sort of what I was getting at. Not really wedded to one model (top 2, top 4 followed by top 2, etc.) but some sort of cumulative format is better IMO. Stupid to see a guy obliterate round one then be back on equal footing later IMO.

I'll be there in the left field bullpen.If I catch one, I hope it from Crush's bat.

They're not going to let you on the field with your glove? No opportunity to barrel over a kid for a pop fly? ;)

In all seriousness, that's awesome. With how often Davis sends them opposite field, I think you may have a good shot.

Yea, that's sort of what I was getting at. Not really wedded to one model (top 2, top 4 followed by top 2, etc.) but some sort of cumulative format is better IMO. Stupid to see a guy obliterate round one then be back on equal footing later IMO.

Yes agreed but the thing needs to be kept much shorter. It's fun to watch for a little while but people do get tired of watching batting practice. An hour is ideal.

Archived