Lottery 2014

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I suppose there is a chance.

Since the trading of these picks are so new, I wonder what the market value of a pick is. It obviously gives you an extra player or flexibility for additional slot money, but how much do teams value that?

I love Camden Yards but I wonder if we could of destroyed DC as a market if they had put the Stadium someplace midway between Baltimore and DC? How far south would we of had to have moved to have pulled this off?

I guess somewhere around Columbia or Laurel.

I am happy we are here still but total control of these two markets would put us into a great economic position.

I love Camden Yards but I wonder if we could of destroyed DC as a market if they had put the Stadium someplace midway between Baltimore and DC? How far south would we of had to have moved to have pulled this off?

I am happy we are here still but total control of these two markets would put us into a great economic position.

The team is making money. Unless you live in Columbia I have no idea why you want them there Camden Yards is in the perfect place I doubt I would.go to games if there were outside the city. Let DC.have their own team.

Angels screwed the pooch when he allowed the Expos to move to DC. Of all the terrible things he's done in his tenure as a MLB owner that was by far the thing that will have the lasting negative impact on the team long after he's gone.

The team is making money. Unless you live in Columbia I have no idea why you want them there Camden Yards is in the perfect place I doubt I would.go to games if there were outside the city. Let DC.have their own team.

I am quite happy with where the Orioles are. I was just thinking out loud. Kind of a thought exercise of where the Orioles would of had to move to have gotten DC within their control.

There were 14 teams eligible for the Competitive Balance picks.

Opportunity was based on W% last year.

The Reds and A's had the best W% and the lowest chance of a pick (and didn't get one). The Orioles had the 3rd lowest chance (3rd best record) and wound up with the second best pick.

Orioles running with some good karma.

Angels screwed the pooch when he allowed the Expos to move to DC. Of all the terrible things he's done in his tenure as a MLB owner that was by far the thing that will have the lasting negative impact on the team long after he's gone.

Don't really understand this.

As it relates to the CompBal pick, the Orioles get to leverage the resources (MASN $) of a 2-team market, but aren't getting penalized for 'market size' which means they should always be eligible for this pick.

Looks like they are the only team in the league that is getting a deal this good.

Don't really understand this.

As it relates to the CompBal pick, the Orioles get to leverage the resources (MASN $) of a 2-team market, but aren't getting penalized for 'market size' which means they should always be eligible for this pick.

Looks like they are the only team in the league that is getting a deal this good.

The whole lottery is a bit off.

The Cardinals need help?

Really?

Cardinals payroll the last three seasons:

2013: $116,790,787

2012: $111,858,500

2011: $109,048,000

Pretty sure the ownership over there is still making a profit.

The whole lottery is a bit off.

The Cardinals need help?

Really?

Cardinals payroll the last three seasons:

2013: $116,790,787

2012: $111,858,500

2011: $109,048,000

Pretty sure the ownership over there is still making a profit.

We should feel confident the Cardinals are in this lottery for market size, not revenue. They were 6th in attendance (3.26M) last year.

Archived