Would you bring BRob back next year if the price is right?

Frobby

Would you bring BRob back for 2014 if the price were right?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Would you bring BRob back for 2014 if the price were right?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Flash is a lock as the UT guy next season and insurance at 2B/3B.The big question is whether to go with Schoop at 2B or sign Roberts to give him some more time in AAA. A lot will depend on how he does in the AFL.

i think some of this depends on what it takes to sign B-Rob, and how hurt Manny really is or how well his rehab is coming along.

I agree Redskins Rick... But you really ought to change over to Ravens Rick. That has a nice sound to it. LOL

I was just plain Rick in Sunspot, but that was taken here, when I signed up, it was football season.

Yes, I know, I am a big Redskins fan, but that isn't always respected by the Oriole fans and even less by the Raven Fans.

I've thought about changing, but then that confuses people.

I don't believe in any Brian Roberts curse or effect. I do believe in the effect of playing an inferior player the majority of time and the aging effect. Both tell me Brian Roberts has no role on the team next year and DD needs to make sure he doesn't give Buck any reason to play a guy because he "earned his way into the starting lineup." I just want the best nine guys to play each night while having a good enough bench that players can get some time off without the feeling of a significant drop off.

I sure do hope that DD doesn't bring Roberts back next year. I don't want him and Buck will play him too much if he did have him. i will be very disappointed if he does come back and the consipracy theorist in me will think PA had something to do with it if it does happen.

I don't believe in any Brian Roberts curse or effect. I do believe in the effect of playing an inferior player the majority of time and the aging effect. Both tell me Brian Roberts has no role on the team next year and DD needs to make sure he doesn't give Buck any reason to play a guy because he "earned his way into the starting lineup." I just want the best nine guys to play each night while having a good enough bench that players can get some time off without the feeling of a significant drop off.
Your probably right. The best thing to do would be to go with Schoop and if he struggles and needs to be sent down. replace him with Flash and pick up another UT IF for less than we would have to pay Roberts. But I don't think they do that. I think they sign Roberts with the understanding that if Schoop develops quickly in AAA, Roberts will be demoted to a spot starter/part time DH role.

Your probably right. The best thing to do would be to go with Schoop and if he struggles and needs to be sent down. replace him with Flash and pick up another UT IF for less than we would have to pay Roberts. But I don't think they do that. I think they sign Roberts with the understanding that if Schoop develops quickly in AAA, Roberts will be demoted to a spot starter/part time DH role.

I still think they need to wait a bit and see how Manny progresses with his rehab efforts.

First, do you see Buck actually doing this and second, if Roberts is a part-time DH next season DD failed this off season.

That is a silly question. With 3B, 2B, and DH wide open, I would be more surprise if he didn't start 3 of the last 4.

Well if you see Roberts and Flaherty starting all three games against the Sox then it doesn't look as silly. Buck might see it as his duty to run out the "A" lineup against Boston.

Schoop is in the lineup tonight, Roberts is DHing.

Archived