2013-2014 Orioles Off-Season Moves Tracker

Oldorioles

per Roch:

Note: The Blue Jays have signed Dan Johnson to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training.

Johnson went 0-for-5 with the Orioles before they outrighted him to Triple-A Norfolk. He refused the assignment and became a free agent.

Also, the White Sox signed Alex Liddi to a minor league deal. The Orioles purchased his contract from the Mariners on July 6.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
per Roch:

Note: The Blue Jays have signed Dan Johnson to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training.

Johnson went 0-for-5 with the Orioles before they outrighted him to Triple-A Norfolk. He refused the assignment and became a free agent.

Also, the White Sox signed Alex Liddi to a minor league deal. The Orioles purchased his contract from the Mariners on July 6.

Thanks, I'll update the OP. Also, Zelous Wheeler signed a minor league deal with the Yankees.

Chiang is the only one of those names I recognize. He was a pretty big prospect for the Red Sox before he got traded to the Mariners (for Erik Bedard) and then never hit like he did with Boston. Kyeong Kang is an alum of Parkview High in Georgia, along with Josh Hart and Jeff Francoeur. He strikes out a lot but hits some too. Huntzinger looks like deep bullpen depth. Additon probably would have made the major league rotation of a lot of teams at some point if his stats are anything to go on. Unfortunately for him, he was in the Cardinals' system, where starting pitchers grow on trees. Without any knowledge of his stuff, his stats look like a left-handed Steve Johnson.

A lot of interesting depth here, a couple fliers that could pay off, probably nobody that'll make a huge difference but some guys who we could see in Baltimore.

Chiang is the only one of those names I recognize. He was a pretty big prospect for the Red Sox before he got traded to the Mariners (for Erik Bedard) and then never hit like he did with Boston. Kyeong Kang is an alum of Parkview High in Georgia, along with Josh Hart and Jeff Francoeur. He strikes out a lot but hits some too. Huntzinger looks like deep bullpen depth. Additon probably would have made the major league rotation of a lot of teams at some point if his stats are anything to go on. Unfortunately for him, he was in the Cardinals' system, where starting pitchers grow on trees. Without any knowledge of his stuff, his stats look like a left-handed Steve Johnson.

A lot of interesting depth here, a couple fliers that could pay off, probably nobody that'll make a huge difference but some guys who we could see in Baltimore.

I'll add them to the OP. Nice synopsis. I like them as well, Huntzinger's numbers last season were amazing.

Additon probably would have made the major league rotation of a lot of teams at some point if his stats are anything to go on. Unfortunately for him, he was in the Cardinals' system, where starting pitchers grow on trees. Without any knowledge of his stuff, his stats look like a left-handed Steve Johnson.

He did very well in 135 inning of the PCL. He survived.

Sounds like a nice addition. Well... somebody had to do it. :laughlol:

The Orioles signed infielder Sharlon Schoop and outfielder Ronald Bermudez to minor league contracts, according to a team release.

Schoop last played in the minors in 2012, when he was in the Royals organization. He is the brother of Orioles prospect Jonathan Schoop.

Bermudez hit .261/.299/.329 in stints at Double-A and Triple-A in the Red Sox organization in 2013.

The Orioles signed infielder Sharlon Schoop and outfielder Ronald Bermudez to minor league contracts, according to a team release.

Schoop last played in the minors in 2012, when he was in the Royals organization. He is the brother of Orioles prospect Jonathan Schoop.

Bermudez hit .261/.299/.329 in stints at Double-A and Triple-A in the Red Sox organization in 2013.

Thanks, I'll update the OP.

Archived