Johnson may be traded per Rosenthal (Update: Johnson trade to A's for Weeks)

andrewrickli

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Orioles didn't take Van Slyke when they DFA'd him last year. I don't see why they would all of the sudden want him for Johnson.

Well he hit .348/.479/.627 in the PCL last year and .240/.342/.465 in LA.

Plus, claiming him didn't save them $10M and they knew McLouth was a crazy bargain at $2M.

I guess I just don't get why the Dodgers would give up anything of value knowing the Orioles are considering non-tendering Johnson.

DD has already said that Johnson is going to be tendered a contract. That is why he came out and announced it - strengthen's his bargaining position.

The Orioles didn't take Van Slyke when they DFA'd him last year. I don't see why they would all of the sudden want him for Johnson.

It is interesting that no one wanted him. Read some stuff that the scouts think he's been old for the leagues he's done well at and has a slow bat.

Jim Johnson for Andre Ethier and some cash is a pretty good deal for the Orioles at this point, IMO. If you can assume an AAV of 12 million on Ethier, then I would do that trade. Lets face it, Jim Johnson would have brought back a whole lot more at the end of last season, but I think you have to jump at the Ethier deal, if that is indeed the case. The Dodgers have to be motivated to move an OFer, because Joc Pederson is banging at the door and he might be the best of the lot. They already have Puig, Crawford and Kemp.

Andre Ethier is a very good player, I would do a trade like this right now.

Any chance Duquette could sweeten the pot to pick up Kemp instead? If so, what would it realistically take?

Orioles want to cut payroll not add.

Archived