Nelson Cruz ?

Greg

As i said in this thread but here you go 1.Draft pick i could care less this team cant draft. 2. Age He's 33 (Nate is 32) At least Cruz will run into 25 plus HR. 3. Roids i could care less (Roberts Anderson we're not perfect) 4. We have a 2 year window (IMO) 5.Not really worried about his fielding (If it gets ugly just DH him)

Please respond to the excellent post skanar put together to refute you.

1. Draft picks are valuable, this opinion is silly. 2. Age definitely matters, especially with Cruz being a volatile 1 tool player and seeking 4-5 years. 3. Hardly anyone cares about the roids. 4. Our window doesn't matter much when Cruz simply won't help us that much. He is a projected 1.5 win player. How do you justify spending 4-5 years and 12+ million AAV on that? 5. Not worried about his fielding? That's an expensive and not very good DH you're signing up for.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please respond to the excellent post skanar put together to refute you.

1. Draft picks are valuable, this opinion is silly. 2. Age definitely matters, especially with Cruz being a volatile 1 tool player and seeking 4-5 years. 3. Hardly anyone cares about the roids. 4. Our window doesn't matter much when Cruz simply won't help us that much. He is a projected 1.5 win player. How do you justify spending 4-5 years and 12+ million AAV on that? 5. Not worried about his fielding? That's an expensive and not very good DH you're signing up for.

Let's wait to see what he gets first. He can ask for whatever he wants getting it is a different story.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Nelson Cruz market includes: Rangers, Orioles, Mets, Mariners but he has to wait for Choo, Beltran and maybe Granderson to sign first</p>— JIM BOWDEN (@JimBowdenESPNxm) <a href="

">December 5, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Nelson Cruz market includes: Rangers, Orioles, Mets, Mariners but he has to wait for Choo, Beltran and maybe Granderson to sign first</p>— JIM BOWDEN (@JimBowdenESPNxm) <a href="
">December 5, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The market for Beltran, Cruz, Granderson and Choo is pretty much those 4 teams. So who goes where?

You really don't want Nelson Cruz for anywhere near the 15M a year he wants. He gives away almost all of his offensive value with horrendous defense. On top of that he's a lock for at least one DL stint per year. I mean the guy hasn't posted a fWAR above 1.5 since 2010.

You really don't want Nelson Cruz for anywhere near the 15M a year he wants. He gives away almost all of his offensive value with horrendous defense. On top of that he's a lock for at least one DL stint per year. I mean the guy hasn't posted a fWAR above 1.5 since 2010.

Bad idea. Say goodbye to the top defense in major leagues as we watch Nelson the Butcher attempt left field for us.

Archived