Nelson Cruz ?

Greg

And I agree with him. We have not missed. Wieters is a top 10 catcher. Manny is Mike Trout. Matusz is an established major leaguer. Gausman could get you a good pitcher and is a potential TOR who has had success in a major league bullpen, and Bundy is 21 and ready to resume his high ceiling potential. He could be traded right now for a good major league pitcher. I think we have picked well. Harvey would go top ten in a redraft.

Except Hobgood, boy that pick burned when it happened. I was actually weighing going off and getting an OH suspension that pick bothered me so much.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Except Hobgood, boy that pick burned when it happened. I was actually weighing going off and getting an OH suspension that pick bothered me so much.

That was a horrible waste of a pick. Joe Jordan loved the kid's story and makeup. And he had an over-slot plan that failed miserably. I liked Joe, but I'm glad he is with the Phillies. That was a bad miss.

What I'm basically hearing is... roll with Reimold and Peguero in LF.

Because 1) no one wants Cruz and 2) there are no OBP guys available who are acquirable.

Lot of people bullish on Reimold and Peguero! Interesting.

I think going into 2014 with Reimold/Peguero would be a massive failure, but signing Nelson Cruz would be even worse. He is a poor defensive player, his offensive skill set doesn't match up well with the Orioles' needs, and he would cost a draft pick.

I'd much rather sign Corey Hart or trade for Logan Morrison.

You sure know how to dodge a question, CoC.

Just sayin'.

Pretty comfy being critical from the sidelines over there without having to think too much about what you'd do instead.

I rarely name players to sign and never hypothesize trades.

I would rather go forth with the limited options we have now then give up a pick for Cruz. I just don't see where he is a difference maker.

Edit- Sure Hart and Morrison are both less worse options then Cruz.

That was a horrible waste of a pick. Joe Jordan loved the kid's story and makeup. And he had an over-slot plan that failed miserably. I liked Joe, but I'm glad he is with the Phillies. That was a bad miss.

I got hit roughed up for suggesting that those factors influenced the pick.

I rarely name players to sign and never hypothesize trades.

I would rather go forth with the limited options we have now then give up a pick for Cruz. I just don't see where he is a difference maker.

I would spend the money elsewhere myself. If Dan gets him, I am wrong. He's the pro that brought us to the promised land. Not me.

At the time, we all hoped that was not the case. Did I neg rep you? If I did, I'll give it back now. You were right.

No, no one neg repped me. Despite being abrasive as all get out I rarely get neg repped. Just had folks piling on saying that no way Joe could get caught up in a good story.

No, no one neg repped me. Despite being abrasive as all get out I rarely get neg repped. Just had folks piling on saying that no way Joe could get caught up in a good story.

I was probably one of them. I liked Joe and believed in him. Compared to some of the other folks we had around, he was a Godhead.

Yeah, I remember I though for sure it was either going to be Wheeler or Minor. I wanted Wheeler. Hobgood was big surprise to me. If I recall, he was rated between like 18 and 30 by various sites. Nobody had him top 5, as I recall.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rangers' comfort level with Cruz has been two-year deal, plus an option. Cruz wants 3 years from them.</p>— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) <a href="

">December 9, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I don't understand why not. If you have an interest in the team, surely you have an idea of what players might make the team better. But whatever.

For the record, I agree on Morrison for sure. I'd really like to see the O's get him for DH.

I don't feel comfortable enough with every team's minor league system to do trades.

I don't generally need to advocate signings as every player is pushed by someone or another and all I have to do is give the thumbs up or down. :D

I don't feel comfortable enough with every team's minor league system to do trades.

I don't generally need to advocate signings as every player is pushed by someone or another and all I have to do is give the thumbs up or down. :D

So. Cruz is not a 7 year sign. He is not a six year sign, Five year or four year. Wonder what the AAV is? Sounds like a guy we might get.

Archived