Season Ticket Prices Going Up

OrangeJerseys

Season ticket holders will be able to buy tickets at the STH price for all games. The games will not be reclassified and the dynamic pricing will never be below the STH price. The difference now is that there are five sets of STH prices and that exchanges are dollar for dollar and not game by game. So if I exchange my $10 upper Reserve value game vs Toronto on a Tuesday night for a $14 Classic game vs Detrout I now owe $4. But if I want to exchange all my games for Red Sox, Yanks and Cardinals games I can do that and that to me is a big plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for clarification, I was thinking that they were going to reclassified games varying circumstances (Team Success, Promotions,etc).

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you for clarification, I was thinking that they were going to reclassified games varying circumstances (Team Success, Promotions,etc).

You just have to pay the difference of the exchange. You could pay alot more or less. Upper Box value game is $13.00 and an Upper Box Prime game is $26.00. Lower Box goes from $27.00 to $44.00 .Opening Day would be even more, $29.00 for Upper Box and $56.00 for Lower Box.

This will be a bargain compared to single game prices which will begin approximately 20% higher then STH pricing.

If you buy extra tickets to 55 of the games ,you would actually pay less then last year. You would have to buy a value or classic game. Last year,Upper Box was $20.00( 316-356). This year the value game is $16.00 and classic is $18.00. The difference is made up in the other 26 games. Select is $5.00 higher. Prime is $8.00 higher and Elite is $12.00 higher.

Ok I got my invoice. Last season tickets were 32 each and this year they were 34.26. That is a 7.9 percent increase. I am not going to re-up though. I don't think it has anything to do with the increase in price but 1000 bucks is a lot of money.

Ok I got my invoice. Last season tickets were 32 each and this year they were 34.26. That is a 7.9 percent increase. I am not going to re-up though. I don't think it has anything to do with the increase in price but 1000 bucks is a lot of money.

Agreed.,but single game tickets are going to be at least 20% above the season ticket price. I guess if they are bad,you can also get them for real cheap.

They have not released the single game prices. For that matter they have not had an official press release for the STH increase on the Oriole website. You can't even buy season tickets online. No rush,perhaps they are waiting for the market to develop. No early bird promotion schedule out yet. Only word about the increase was a spokeswoman for the Orioles with no name. I don't know but everything the Orioles do this year seems to be at a crawl. They even had some early season schedules in some stores by now,last year. Anyone see any schedules in any businesses?

For a full season plan with my calculations the average price is 33.62 for the Lower Box seats that were previously $32. I am assuming this average price would be different depending on which letter plan you have. I notice Sunday doesn't have any Elite games, so that plan may be cheaper, while one of the other plans may be a little more. This is odd that one plan would cost a different price than another plan, but it makes sense. In 2015, your plan may go up or down a few bucks depending on the schedule even if they didn't actually change prices.

By the way, I think this dynamic pricing is a great idea. Mostly for the fact that they are selling midweek games in April for a cheaper price than weekend games in the summer, it makes sense. Also, when I sell tickets to friends, I have a tough time selling Blue Jays games at face value but then when I want to charge extra for a Yankees game, I get looked at like I'm ripping them off. This way, I can charge true face value when I sell extra tickets and we both are happy. I wish the NFL would do this with pre-season games.

The bad part of dynamic pricing is it will keep me away from prime and elite games. There were several times I went down last year to see the Yankees or Red Sox without a ticket and just bought one at the season ticket price at the box office. Now I will have to pay a premium for those games. If I go to additional games, it will be for classic games now. In my mind even less Orioles fans will be at the Yankees and Red Sox games. I'd even consider trading my Yankees and Red Sox tickets in to get twice as many Classic or value games in return.

I also don't understand the concept of raising prices if you are having trouble selling out games now. Shouldn't prices keep getting lowered until they reach the threshold of selling out the stadium for a majority of the games? Then gradually raise prices until demand equals supply? I believe that if ticket prices were cheaper, you would be selling out the stadium every night and be making a killing off concession sales.

My 29 game plan in Terrace Box(mid rows) went from 1566 to 1678 for two seats.

Plan C Lower reserve went from 390 to 412 for two seats.

Plan D AUCE Club Level went from 910 to 960 for two seats.

Parking stayed at $8 per game!!

I most likely will be only keeping one of these plans this year. Mostly due to the fact that we haven't signed any big free agents and the prospects of doing so aren't good. I figured I will scale back this year and then if things improve I will add to it in 2015. It's not like season tickets will be hard to come by anytime soon. This year I can always go down to the box office and buy tickets at season ticket holder cost and get pretty good seats to any game I want.

For a full season plan with my calculations the average price is 33.62 for the Lower Box seats that were previously $32. I am assuming this average price would be different depending on which letter plan you have. I notice Sunday doesn't have any Elite games, so that plan may be cheaper, while one of the other plans may be a little more. This is odd that one plan would cost a different price than another plan, but it makes sense. In 2015, your plan may go up or down a few bucks depending on the schedule even if they didn't actually change prices.

By the way, I think this dynamic pricing is a great idea. Mostly for the fact that they are selling midweek games in April for a cheaper price than weekend games in the summer, it makes sense. Also, when I sell tickets to friends, I have a tough time selling Blue Jays games at face value but then when I want to charge extra for a Yankees game, I get looked at like I'm ripping them off. This way, I can charge true face value when I sell extra tickets and we both are happy. I wish the NFL would do this with pre-season games.

The bad part of dynamic pricing is it will keep me away from prime and elite games. There were several times I went down last year to see the Yankees or Red Sox without a ticket and just bought one at the season ticket price at the box office. Now I will have to pay a premium for those games. If I go to additional games, it will be for classic games now. In my mind even less Orioles fans will be at the Yankees and Red Sox games. I'd even consider trading my Yankees and Red Sox tickets in to get twice as many Classic or value games in return.

I also don't understand the concept of raising prices if you are having trouble selling out games now. Shouldn't prices keep getting lowered until they reach the threshold of selling out the stadium for a majority of the games? Then gradually raise prices until demand equals supply? I believe that if ticket prices were cheaper, you would be selling out the stadium every night and be making a killing off concession sales.

My 29 game plan in Terrace Box(mid rows) went from 1566 to 1678 for two seats.

Plan C Lower reserve went from 390 to 412 for two seats.

Plan D AUCE Club Level went from 910 to 960 for two seats.

Parking stayed at $8 per game!!

I most likely will be only keeping one of these plans this year. Mostly due to the fact that we haven't signed any big free agents and the prospects of doing so aren't good. I figured I will scale back this year and then if things improve I will add to it in 2015. It's not like season tickets will be hard to come by anytime soon. This year I can always go down to the box office and buy tickets at season ticket holder cost and get pretty good seats to any game I want.

Sunday game plan for 13 games went from $832.00 to $874.00 for 2 tickets in lower box. 9 classic games $32.00 a ticket last year. But even though 9 games are actually cheaper ($29.00 ) The 4 prime games make it more ($44.00)I don't think any plans went down because everyplan either has a couple of elite or premium games. Making the three games versus the Cardinals either elite or prime made it so. I wish they had all the 13 game and 29 game plans online already like they had last year. I know they will soon enough but you have to take the sheet and go color code each plan.

I mean, why not? They've clearly shown their fans that they are invested in winning, so why not ask the fans to pay more? :sarcasm:

I'm thinking I may take a picture of myself with a new TV or new winch for my truck or new granite counter tops and send it back to the O's with my renewal package with a note "Sorry, reallocating resources. But just wait until next year......"

My issue then is that the responsibility for the product, its past failures, and the chances for future success, is being put back entirely on the fans when they say "we'll spend after you do your part first." I can't think of a successful business that takes that approach.

Are you kidding? This is what corporate executives tell their employees everyday in America!! :D

The more apt analogy would be for Wal-Mart to say to its customers that it will improve the quality of its products only when the public buys enough if its crappy ones, first.

And even more apt is for Wal-Mart (Orioles) not to share just how much the public has to buy before product improvement begins (it's a secret!)

Archived