Jen Royle: Orioles open to trading Valencia ( Traded to KC for OF David Lough)

Barnaby Graves

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No I think if the right offer came for Machado we would deal him. Jones is the leader of the team. You don't trade your leader.

Machado is the future of the team. You don't trade the future with the most upside. Jones has limited upside when compared to Machado. He's cost effective right now, but it's not close as to who they keep and who they trade.

Machado is the future of the team. You don't trade the future with the most upside. Jones has limited upside when compared to Machado. He's cost effective right now, but it's not close as to who they keep and who they trade.

Nonsense. You keep your leader. If they offer you enough for Machado you trade him. You have Jones under cost control anyway. Upside versus proven. I will take proven. You guys always like the young guys better. I would trade Machado for Longoria and Myers.

Nonsense. You keep your leader. If they offer you enough for Machado you trade him. You have Jones under cost control anyway. Upside versus proven. I will take proven. You guys always like the young guys better. I would trade Machado for Longoria and Myers.

Well, so would I, but the point is that I'd trade Jones for Longoria and Myers too. And I'd do it quicker before they changed their mind.

Nonsense? Manny has proven to be the one of the best defensive players with considerable upside. Jones has limited upside and who's production has likely peaked. If you were going to sell it would be wise to sell high, although while he is so cheap I wouldn't be selling him either unless the return was phenomenal.

And what makes you think you'd get Longo and Myers? Talk about nonsense.

Nonsense? Manny has proven to be the one of the best defensive players with considerable upside. Jones has limited upside and who's production has likely peaked. If you were going to sell it would be wise to sell high, although while he is so cheap I wouldn't be selling him either unless the return was phenomenal.

And what makes you think you'd get Longo and Myers? Talk about nonsense.

What is upside? You are talking nonsense. If Jones gave me what he gave me last year for the next 5 years I am happy. There is no gurantee that Machado will improve. He could get worse. Lots of players have strong rookie seasons and regress.

A player is worth what he is worth. Machado is injury prone. Jones is not. We have Jones in his prime. Machado might leave the team as he enters his prime. Both under team control until 2018. Jones is a leader, Machado is not. Anyway no you aren't getting Longoria and Myers for Machado but if they offered you that you would trade Machado in a second. You are even less likely to get over value for Jones as he makes a ton of cash.

What is upside? You are talking nonsense. If Jones gave me what he gave me last year for the next 5 years I am happy. There is no gurantee that Machado will improve. He could get worse. Lots of players have strong rookie seasons and regress.

A player is worth what he is worth. Machado is injury prone. Jones is not. We have Jones in his prime. Machado might leave the team as he enters his prime. Both under team control until 2018. Jones is a leader, Machado is not. Anyway no you aren't getting Longoria and Myers for Machado but if they offered you that you would trade Machado in a second. You are even less likely to get over value for Jones as he makes a ton of cash.

This isn't productive because neither of them will be traded, but talking about upside in a young player is hardly nonsense. And Jones didn't become a leader right away. In fact he was seen as somewhat lazy when he first arrived on the seen and then understood that Buck was going to require more of him.

Your trade idea is preposterous, if you were offered the same package for Jones you'd be crazy to turn it down. Longo has almost doubled Jones in production of WAR by himself in two years less time, but yeah throw in Myers while your at it.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Orioles have acquired OF David Lough from the Kansas City Royals in exchange for INF Danny Valencia.</p>— Baltimore Orioles (@Orioles) <a href="

">December 18, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived