Passan: Orioles Unwillingness to Spend Hurting Team

Rene88

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ask Brady if that is true. Ask Cal. Ask Dipper.

People you know as individuals are often treated differently then the groups they "belong to". To give an example, everyone hates congress but most folks like their Representative.

I just found it the most intriguing quote in the story.

hmmm.....
So much in there to curl your hair:

"But there were plenty of times when the opportunity to make a move passed while you mulled and dithered. “A lawyer’s mentality is, the longer you can hold out, the better you’ll be,” says one of your former general managers. “That was his thinking. In baseball, there are times that arise when there’s a small window of opportunity. Once that window closes, the opportunity is gone. I don’t think Peter’s mode of operation and thinking were built along those lines. There were opportunities that were presented that we should have moved on, but we didn’t.”

People you know as individuals are often treated differently then the groups they "belong to". To give an example, everyone hates congress but most folks like their Representative.

I just found it the most intriguing quote in the story.

Sure, some of my best friends are......ballplayers?

"But there were plenty of times when the opportunity to make a move passed while you mulled and dithered. “A lawyer’s mentality is, the longer you can hold out, the better you’ll be,” says one of your former general managers. “That was his thinking. In baseball, there are times that arise when there’s a small window of opportunity. Once that window closes, the opportunity is gone. I don’t think Peter’s mode of operation and thinking were built along those lines. There were opportunities that were presented that we should have moved on, but we didn’t.”

If Frank Wren had any bona fides back when he worked for Peter, he would have been treated better. He was joke then and makes Braves fans long for Schuerholz every day.

Yes, but I already knew all that.

The dignity stuff is new.

He'll sign tomorrow.

8 minutes ago:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Now hearing Tanaka decision could go all the way till Friday. Clubs not in bidding hearing rumblings he took physical while in LA this month</p>— Jayson Stark (@jaysonst) <a href="

">January 21, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reading on MLBTR, it seems like the Cubs are willing to go all out for this guy.

Word is they are higher on money and years.

I hope they get him but I don't expect it.

I would tell him to sign with the Dodgers, west coast, team built to win and he would be the #3 maybe #4 starter to start the season.

8 minutes ago:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Now hearing Tanaka decision could go all the way till Friday. Clubs not in bidding hearing rumblings he took physical while in LA this month</p>— Jayson Stark (@jaysonst) <a href="

He's secretly been taking his Orioles physical since last Wednesday. Results due soon.

8 minutes ago:

Ok. I'm wrong again.

Archived