Passan: Orioles Unwillingness to Spend Hurting Team

Rene88

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The article says it all. The ownership is killing their fan base. My dad first got season tickets for my family in 1967. For the first time in 46 years someone in my family will not have season tickets. My brother and I have decided to not renew our tickets. We had a two year window to be champions once again. Mr. Angelos and his greedy sons chose not to spend the money to put us over the hump. Some of the apologists on this board will talk about "having a winning team." I want to compete for a championship. Angelos does not. It pains me to give up my tickets, but this off season has proven to me Mr. Angelos doesn't care about his fan base.

The article says it all. The ownership is killing their fan base. My dad first got season tickets for my family in 1967. For the first time in 46 years someone in my family will not have season tickets. My brother and I have decided to not renew our tickets. We had a two year window to be champions once again. Mr. Angelos and his greedy sons chose not to spend the money to put us over the hump. Some of the apologists on this board will talk about "having a winning team." I want to compete for a championship. Angelos does not. It pains me to give up my tickets, but this off season has proven to me Mr. Angelos doesn't care about his fan base.

So you sat through 14 years of losing baseball, and now that the team is pretty good, you're giving up your tickets? That is an insane way to look at things. You may think ownership is killing the fan base, but the increases in attendance and TV ratings suggest otherwise. Whether the O's are a "winning team" or are "competing for a championship" remains to be seen.

So you sat through 14 years of losing baseball, and now that the team is pretty good, you're giving up your tickets? That is an insane way to look at things. You may think ownership is killing the fan base, but the increases in attendance and TV ratings suggest otherwise. Whether the O's are a "winning team" or are "competing for a championship" remains to be seen.

Geez you would think some fans would learn to patience after 14 years of losing

and two years of competitive ball. The offseason is not over. Angelos is a bad

owner but I want to see how the team does in 2014 and beyond.

This is the smartest thing you could do. You can watch them lose for free on TV. People should wise up and stop lining Angelos' pockets with more money than he allready gets. We will always be doomed as long as Angelos owns this team and as long as MLB sticks with these silly rules of no cap and unbalanced schedules.

SAVE YOUR MONEY PEOPLE. ANGELOS REALLY DOESN'T NEED IT ANYWAY.

This is the smartest thing you could do. You can watch them lose for free on TV. People should wise up and stop lining Angelos' pockets with more money than he allready gets. We will always be doomed as long as Angelos owns this team and as long as MLB sticks with these silly rules of no cap and unbalanced schedules.

SAVE YOUR MONEY PEOPLE. ANGELOS REALLY DOESN'T NEED IT ANYWAY.

Do you understand that some us derive pleasure from going to baseball games?

Archived