Schoop "very much in mix" for starting 2B job

Slade-OH

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Showalter said Schoop is "very much in the mix" for the 2B job with <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23orioles&src=hash">#orioles</a>. Nothing in stone about where he starts the season</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">March 3, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well, there ya have it. I guess its time to upgrade Schoop to bubble status on the ST tracker

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll believe it when I see it.

What else is Buck going to say? "No matter how great he does there is no way he jumps Weeks and Flaherty on the depth chart."

Well, its not like Weeks can't be optioned to AAA so I could see Schoop jumping him at least

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Buck on Schoop: "He's been locked in - he seems to be in a good place offensively - since the first intrasquad game. Really, BP."</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">March 3, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

More Buck talk

Flaherty is not going to be able to afford to have anywhere near the kind of terrible opening month that he had last year with first twenty games at about the .100 level. I hope Schoop gets the job with his bat and Flaherty plays primarily as utility guy.

I think Schoop needs more AAA AB's. His #'s suggest he isnt ready. Not that he doesn't have a bright future ahead of him, but Flaherty is more than capable of handling 2B in the meantime.

You could say the same thing about Flaherty.

Archived