Jimenez.....Yikes!

olehippi

Yeah. He was great. You can't expect a better outing against that lineup.

I only got to hear parts. I heard the two dps, was he inducing grounders or were there lots of fly balls? Any idea on velocity?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I heard he sat 91.

The ground balls are great...he was at over 50 percent early in his career and started climbing back up last year at 43. I won't lie, I thought he was hitting mid 90 s again vs us the last time he faced us last year though fangraphs puts his ave right where he was today. Overall, a good showing today, and he can obviously be successful in the low 90s. I am going back to the Cleveland papers for coverage of that last start vs us. Maybe my memory is wrong. Would like to see that velocity up a bit.

After O's start in Sep..."Over his past three appearances, Jimenez has stayed around 93-94 mph with his fastball, topping out at 96-97 mph at a handful of turns. That is more reminiscent of 2010, when the righty led the Majors with an average fastball of 96.1 mph. This is a recent trend, however, considering Jimenez's fastball has been a career-low 91.5 mph on average this year, according to fangraphs.com."

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130904&content_id=59567546&notebook_id=59567938&vkey=notebook_cle&c_id=cle

Like to see him start creeping back up a bit, but the grounders are great. Can't wait to see him again.

Pitch count is for the first 4 innings only.

UBALDO JIMENEZ O (vs. D-RAYS, 3/27) O[spring Training]

IP:O 5.33

H:o. 6 (1 Home Run, 3 Doubles, 2 Singles)

R:O. 3

BB:. 2

SO:. 4

Pitches: 64 (40 Strikes, 24 Balls) *

2013 ERA: 5.28 (Spring Training)

* Pitch Count is for the First Four Innings only

PITCHES BY INNING

13 (81 Strikes, 51 Balls)

81 (51 Strikes, 31 Balls)

28 (17 Strikes, 11 Balls)

15 (10 Strikes, 51 Balls)

• 1 month later...
Was actually a lot better than his line showed. That RBI by Longo was a gift. It was a breaking ball that was a couple inches off the ground and Longo reached and it blooped. A couple Baltimore chops as well. Nice game by Jimenez.

Yea. He did not get smacked around. Bloopers and nub shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's almost like the initial panic may have been premature... :)

I get where this is coming from, and is probably true for some. However, I think most of were lamenting his bad start, but realized he historically has a bad April.

I get where this is coming from, and is probably true for some. However, I think most of were lamenting his bad start, but realized he historically has a bad April.

And if that was your position, perfectly fine. I'm simply referring to the loud minority who acted as of it was a guaranteed waste of money already.

Archived