I am sure of this: Swept by ...

Orioles2012

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can somebody tell me how Detroit gets 16 out of first 20 games at home? Schedule making by MLB needs much more scrutiny than it receives. MLB spends millions to review a home run call, but there is no public accountability or scrutiny for how we get to play a night game, travel to Detroit at 4 AM for an afternoon game and Tigers get a huge April adavantage at home to build an early division lead.

Can somebody tell me how Detroit gets 16 out of first 20 games at home? Schedule making by MLB needs much more scrutiny than it receives. MLB spends millions to review a home run call, but there is no public accountability or scrutiny for how we get to play a night game, travel to Detroit at 4 AM for an afternoon game and Tigers get a huge April adavantage at home to build an early division lead.

I don't know if I would call playing in Detroit in April a huge advantage.

I don't know how much weight I'd put in the Tigers early home schedule...by seasons end everyone had an even 81 home vs away (regular season). I totally agree about the day game after a night game with travel.

I don't know how much weight I'd put in the Tigers early home schedule...by seasons end everyone had an even 81 home vs away (regular season). I totally agree about the day game after a night game with travel.

I think fast starts do have some impact on where teams end up. Of 36 division winners in NL since 2002, 22 were in first place before June 1. An extraordinary start like the Red Sox had last year or the Tigers had in 1984 likely has a psychological effect on teams in their division who find themselves 7-10 games out in a hurry.

I think fast starts do have some impact on where teams end up. Of 36 division winners in NL since 2002, 22 were in first place before June 1. An extraordinary start like the Red Sox had last year or the Tigers had in 1984 likely has a psychological effect on teams in their division who find themselves 7-10 games out in a hurry.

I agree. Though some may ridicule me for this saying as trite, " winning (and therefore losing) is contagious." I firmly believe that, as it becomes an accepted mentality either way.

It actually made my day to see it resurrected! Different strokes mujamba!

With all the "Gausman should be starting", "Schoop should be sent down", "Nick and "Gonzo are done" hyperbole, this is a nice calm place to laugh a little as we wend our way through the early days of the season (as TX O says, IMO). :D

I'm glad somebody else noticed that trend haha. :)

I'm not sure anyone in Detroit wants to play 16 of 20 games at home in April. Yesteday was a huge advantage for them because of the travel issues MLB put on the Orioles, but I don't see this as some conspiracy. I see this as a dumb schedule glitch that MLB did not catch more than anything.

I'm not sure anyone in Detroit wants to play 16 of 20 games at home in April. Yesteday was a huge advantage for them because of the travel issues MLB put on the Orioles, but I don't see this as some conspiracy. I see this as a dumb schedule glitch that MLB did not catch more than anything.

Some sanity here. Thanks.

Archived