Hunter Harvey, stud

Frobby

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who uses "'em" in a blog post on ESPN? Keith is such a lame-o.

Shakespeare sometimes abbreviated them to 'em. When the Scottish king confronts in the witches in Act IV, scene i, demanding that they prophesy for him once more, the First Witch tells him, "Say if thoud'st rather hear it from our mouths / Or from our masters." Mackers replies, "Call 'em. Let me see 'em."

For my money, the most bad-ass line in a play full of bad-ass lines.

I'm sitting behind the plate tonight - 3 up, 3 K's for Harvey. I watch a lot of MiL baseball - this is the most filthy pitcher I've ever seen. Easy - EASY gas.

Hunter is filling out too - not yet a man, but getting there.

• 2 weeks later...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hunter Harvey has a strained flexor mass, an MRI done yesterday revealed. No ligament damage. Will miss next start. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a></p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

">July 30, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hunter Harvey has a strained flexor mass, an MRI done yesterday revealed. No ligament damage. Will miss next start. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a></p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="
">July 30, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I can't remember (maybe someone can fill me in) but didn't Bundy have the same sort of original diagnosis?

I am not a doom and gloom guy, but...

"Bundy, the 20-year-old phenom who was widely considered baseball?s best minor league arm coming into 2013, has not pitched since spring training because of an injury that was originally diagnosed as forearm discomfort and later called a flexor mass strain."

"After Bundy was initially examined, the Orioles said an MRI on the elbow came back clean."

Source: http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2013-06-26/sports/bal-dylan-bundy-to-undergo-tommy-john-surgery-thursday-morning-20130626_1_dylan-bundy-platelet-rich-plasma-injection-tsuyoshi-wada

I am not a doom and gloom guy, but...

"Bundy, the 20-year-old phenom who was widely considered baseball?s best minor league arm coming into 2013, has not pitched since spring training because of an injury that was originally diagnosed as forearm discomfort and later called a flexor mass strain."

"After Bundy was initially examined, the Orioles said an MRI on the elbow came back clean."

Source: http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2013-06-26/sports/bal-dylan-bundy-to-undergo-tommy-john-surgery-thursday-morning-20130626_1_dylan-bundy-platelet-rich-plasma-injection-tsuyoshi-wada

Agreed. I've seen this before and the fact that they shut him down for the season is concerning to me. I hate to see them go the rest route, start back up next spring and find out it still hurts, give him some injections then eventually have him get TJ surgery next summer which means he'll basically lose two years like Bundy has done.

Hopefully it's nothing but if there is one thing the Orioles past has shown is that when young pitchers are shut down for "shoulder or elbow strains", good things do not happen afterwards.

Agreed. I've seen this before and the fact that they shut him down for the season is concerning to me. I hate to see them go the rest route, start back up next spring and find out it still hurts, give him some injections then eventually have him get TJ surgery next summer which means he'll basically lose two years like Bundy has done.

Hopefully it's nothing but if there is one thing the Orioles past has shown is that when young pitchers are shut down for "shoulder or elbow strains", good things do not happen afterwards.

True but if the doctors say don't cut yet, you don't cut yet.

Archived