Hunter Harvey, stud

Frobby

Wow, how cool is this!!!!!!

From his article as well.

Yacabonis, the club's 13th-round pick last summer out of St. Joseph's University, is 1-0 with an ERA of 0.00 and leads the league with 13 saves in 13 chances. Yacabonis has not been scored on this year over 20 innings. He has given up just six hits with 12 walks and 26 strikeouts. His batting average against is .097.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I don't want to play games with anybody, so we've told everybody all along that we want to sign [with a Major League team]," Bryan Harvey told MLB said. "[Hunter] wants to go play baseball. That puts nothing in the way -- they know his signability is there.

From his article as well.
Yacabonis, the club's 13th-round pick last summer out of St. Joseph's University, is 1-0 with an ERA of 0.00 and leads the league with 13 saves in 13 chances. Yacabonis has not been scored on this year over 20 innings. He has given up just six hits with 12 walks and 26 strikeouts. His batting average against is .097.

It's 24 innings now - with still no runs, 7 hits, 13 walks and 30 SO's. But it's probably a fluke considering he gave up 15 hits in 29 and 2/3rds innings last season.

Who needs late first round picks?

Especially when you have your favorite, a lock-down closer at 13* and this year, Bobby Bo's flame-throwing son at 24? ;)

* Yacabonis, the club's 13th-round pick last summer out of St. Joseph's University, is 1-0 with an ERA of 0.00 and leads the league with 13 saves in 13 chances. Yacabonis has not been scored on this year over 20 innings. He has given up just six hits with 12 walks and 26 strikeouts. His batting average against is .097.

Especially when you have your favorite, a lock-down closer at 13* and this year, Bobby Bo's flame-throwing son at 24? ;)

* Yacabonis, the club's 13th-round pick last summer out of St. Joseph's University, is 1-0 with an ERA of 0.00 and leads the league with 13 saves in 13 chances. Yacabonis has not been scored on this year over 20 innings. He has given up just six hits with 12 walks and 26 strikeouts. His batting average against is .097.

Just remember what Tony has said about minor league relief pitchers.

(I will be pleased if Yacabonis eventually contributes to the O's at the ML level.)

I am pleased with the Bonilla pick, good risk to take at 24.

(I will be pleased if Yacabonis eventually contributes to the O's at the ML level.)

Oh yeah - you don't have to use the "You do realize..." line on me....we have had many flame outs over the years - including one from my alma mater - Jeff Montani - years ago. I sure wish we had had one of those three picks lost this year.....

But now let us return to (www) Hunter Harvey, Stud, Frobby's Thread

Back to back poor starts.

The grind of the season getting to him?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Harvey walked the 3 batters on 12 straight pitches before getting the hook at Perdue Stadium.</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="

">June 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Final line on Harvey was 2 IP-plus, 5 hits, 7 runs, 6 ER, 4 BB, 2 Ks. 63 pitches, 34 strikes. ERA now 3.13.</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="

">June 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Actually, Tony has made exception for closers.

Harvey's velo was normal, control was off.
Thanks. I'm sure I'm not the only one concerned after he's had two really poor starts in a row. Hope there is nothing going on here except a couple of bad nights. Good to hear the velocity was still there. Let' s hope he gets it turned back around next time.

Thanks. I'm sure I'm not the only one concerned after he's had two really poor starts in a row. Hope there is nothing going on here except a couple of bad nights. Good to hear the velocity was still there. Let' s hope he gets it turned back around next time.

I'm not, he is getting used to the grind of road trips and a heavier workload.

Archived