Hunter Harvey, stud

Frobby

Agreed. I've seen this before and the fact that they shut him down for the season is concerning to me. I hate to see them go the rest route, start back up next spring and find out it still hurts, give him some injections then eventually have him get TJ surgery next summer which means he'll basically lose two years like Bundy has done.

Hopefully it's nothing but if there is one thing the Orioles past has shown is that when young pitchers are shut down for "shoulder or elbow strains", good things do not happen afterwards.

Tony, I don't think this is actually something that only affects the Orioles, I think its pretty much MLB wide, that pitchers are shut down for rest, but invariable surgery is needed.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this point in the minor league season there isn't a difference between missing a month and being shut down for the season. I agree that the latter sounds more ominous but if this is the treatment for a flexor mass strain, surely some pitchers recover with rest.

OK, so let's close the books on Hunter Harvey's 19-year old season at Delmarva: 17 starts, 87.2 IP, 66 H, 39 R, 31 ER, 33 BB, 106 K's, 3.18 ERA, 1.13 WHIP, 10.9 K/9, 3.4 B/9, 3.23 K/BB.

At the time he was shut down, he was 8th in the league in ERA, 2nd in strikeouts, and 5th in WHIP. As an aside, Mitch Horacek and Steven Brault are nos. 1 and 3 in strikeouts, so the Shorebirds have the top 3 in the league, though Harvey no doubt will fall out now that he is being shut down.

OK, so let's close the books on Hunter Harvey's 19-year old season at Delmarva: 17 starts, 87.2 IP, 66 H, 39 R, 31 ER, 33 BB, 106 K's, 3.18 ERA, 1.13 WHIP, 10.9 K/9, 3.4 B/9, 3.23 K/BB.

At the time he was shut down, he was 8th in the league in ERA, 2nd in strikeouts, and 5th in WHIP. As an aside, Mitch Horacek and Steven Brault are nos. 1 and 3 in strikeouts, so the Shorebirds have the top 3 in the league, though Harvey no doubt will fall out now that he is being shut down.

My guess is that he has been symptomatic for a while now and that it was effecting his pitching recently.

Tony, I don't think this is actually something that only affects the Orioles, I think its pretty much MLB wide, that pitchers are shut down for rest, but invariable surgery is needed.

Roger that. I didn't mean to imply it's only the Orioles that have arm injuries.

Would you care to ask an intelligent question.

Or are you just here to troll?

Rickyrozay probably mustered up all the intelligence he/she had, saving it up for weeks likely, just to formulate that particular post. So no, not likely we will anything intelligent out of this poster. Even if it were the actual Rick Ross as opposed to rickyrozay we'd be out of luck in that department.

Rickyrozay probably mustered up all the intelligence he/she had, saving it up for weeks likely, just to formulate that particular post. So no, not likely we will anything intelligent out of this poster. Even if it were the actual Rick Ross as opposed to rickyrozay we'd be out of luck in that department.

I'm very sorry about the comments about the crossbow being used to shoot mice by Dylan, Parker, and Hunter before games. (I read this in Washington Post and was making a joke). I would argue that the Rick Ross in real life is actually a pretty smart guy. He's done well for his bank account and took his stage name from The Freeway Ricky Ross and has had a lot of success with it. The only issue I have with him is his Body Mass Index.

Anyway, back to baseball, Dylan Bundy is on the hill tonight for High-A Frederick. What can we expect? Do you think by next year he will be throwing 93-96 again consistently?

I'm very sorry about the comments about the crossbow being used to shoot mice by Dylan, Parker, and Hunter before games. (I read this in Washington Post and was making a joke). I would argue that the Rick Ross in real life is actually a pretty smart guy. He's done well for his bank account and took his stage name from The Freeway Ricky Ross and has had a lot of success with it. The only issue I have with him is his Body Mass Index.

Anyway, back to baseball, Dylan Bundy is on the hill tonight for High-A Frederick. What can we expect? Do you think by next year he will be throwing 93-96 again consistently?

They are hitting mice?

That's pretty impressive right there.

You aren't in favor of the plague are you? Because rodent borne fleas are how you get the plague.

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2014/8/13/5998229/orioles-may-have-struck-gold-with-hunter-harvey

Nothing we don't really know, however its a pretty good article discussing how Harvey was a steal in the 1st round and why he was somewhat overlooked as a draft prospect and the development of his curveball since signing with the O's.

If I remember right, not everybody in OH was sold that the team should have gone that high to draft a high school kid. I think some was remembering Hobgood's pick and how that hasn't worked out.

Personally, I can't wait until he gets to the big leagues. I think he can be something very special.

Archived