Some info

MoeknowsO's

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't make any sense to be making this deal 3 for 1 (even with 2 low level guys) if it is Jones, Sherrill, and Tillman. Something tells me we could have had that a month ago. It would be like we are giving in, and why would AM do that after fighting and holding out so long?

Hopefully if it is 1 3-1, it's Jones, Triunfel, and Morrow. (yes, I know there's not much chance of that).

Let's hope the Angels really do swoop in at the 11th hour and up the ante.

Players not on the 40-man roster wouldn't need to report to Baltimore, would they? So technically the deal could include more then three guys?

It's the offseason, none of them would HAVE to report to Baltimore, unless we want them here for a press conference. If it doesn't include more than 3 GREAT players there will be a revolt in the Harbor. I'll be selling pitchforks and torches.

It doesn't make any sense to be making this deal 3 for 1 (even with 2 low level guys) if it is Jones, Sherrill, and Tillman. Something tells me we could have had that a month ago. It would be like we are giving in, and why would AM do that after fighting and holding out so long?

Hopefully if it is 1 3-1, it's Jones, Triunfel, and Morrow. (yes, I know there's not much chance of that).

Let's hope the Angels really do swoop in at the 11th hour and up the ante.

It could be a 5 for 1 with the two non 40 man guys not flying to Baltimore.

While Jones, Sherrill, & Chen/Clement/Morrow

Tillman, Butler, Triunfel & Tua are not ..so presumably they wouldn't make the trip right?

Players not on the 40-man roster wouldn't need to report to Baltimore, would they? So technically the deal could include more then three guys?

They would need to report to Baltimore for a physical, and Jones and Sherrill would likely be introduced at a news conference.

They would need to report to Baltimore for a physical, and Jones and Sherrill would likely be introduced at a news conference.

They wouldn't HAVE to report for physicals. In the offseason our people can go to them, and they wouldn't have to have flights already, they could announce the trade before they need to get them all here for physicals. It is possible though.

On an unrelated note, anyone else watching the MD v Duke game?

Do you think? Were the Astros guys given any sort of formal presser?

As long as I can remember they do PC for guys established guys in the majors, not usually for prospects, but he is right, Jones would be a big acquisition for us and I could see them wanting to do one for that.

Let's just cross our fingers for at least one other top 50 prospect.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Considering the issues they have had with actual sewage backing up in that dump I don't think that would be a good fit.
    • If he can't reach an accord with his brother and it's effecting the operation of the team how is that not his fault?  That's his job at this point, that's the part he's responsible for.
    • I’ve been trying to tell y’all we are going to be platoon heavy and playing the best match up against whomever we will be facing. We have depth across the board to make that happen. We are going back to Weaver ball baby! 
    • Huh.  I learned something. Someone actually paid to put their name on the Oakland Coliseum.
    • This seems a bit of a harsh take.  JA hired Elias and gave him the go ahead on all of this.  Louie starts fighting bout money and direction with JA.  Surely this started behind the scenes vs in the open.  At that point, JA has to do what he can to keep the franchise moving in the right direction with the knowledge that there could be funds issues due to litigation.  This is going to lead to prioritizing which could put some other things on hold.  I don’t see how that is JA’s fault.    If your theory is JA isn’t willing to spend versus not able to, why haven’t Elias or Sig even hinted at that?   Elias just built a great system.  He could gat another GM job pretty easily.  Sig also has plenty of places he could go.  If they thought they were being unfairly hamstrung there would be some sort of leak or comment from them indicating this was a issue.  Instead, there has been nothing which leads me to believe they know JA is doing what he can and are willing to wait for it to be sorted out. 
    • Apparently the whole point of moving back the leftfield wall was to put the Orioles in a position to justify acquiring / starting mediocre to below average pitchers (Gibson and Irvin). Based on how OPACY ballpark factor is trending I don't see any reason to believe Irvin's success at home won't continue, even if it's to a slightly lesser extent. So worst case scenario you're probably looking at a possible uptick in ERA to the low 4.00s, which certainly isn't going to be enough to get him bumped from the rotation.  #23 - Oriole Park at Camden Yards (Orioles) - 95.3 Overall Park Factor, 86.0 Fly Ball (24th), 83 Home Run (27th) Well, the Orioles moved the left field fence way in before the 2022 season, and it clearly had the desired impact. Both its fly ball and home run park factors reached their lowest points over the past decade, and that 83 home run mark marked its first foray below 100 over that span. Even before the fences came in, this park was one of those that yielded homers, but not all that many runs. It hasn’t posted a higher than average doubles or triples park factor over the last decade. #27 - RingCentral Coliseum (Athletics) - 93.5 Overall Park Factor, 85.9 Fly Ball (25th), 92 Home Run (22nd) First and foremost, this place is a dump. That said, this marks 10 straight years as a pitchers’ park for RingCentral. When you suppress both homers (8 straight years below 100 HR park factor) and singles (10 straight years), there simply aren’t many avenues to behaving as a hitters’ park.
  • Popular Contributors