Some info

MoeknowsO's

I'm not sure why you're struggling with this so much.

For you to sit here arguing that Bedard will be better than Hill in 2008 does very little to address the trade issue, which is what you accused others of being ignorant about in the first place.

It's perfectly consistent to believe Bedard will have better stats than Hill (although that's debateable, and at least one projection model disagrees), but still not want to trade Hill for Bedard. Hill is younger, cheaper, under team control for two additional years, doesn't have an injury history, and, as I showed, was the better pitcher at the same age and stage of development.

The fact that it's even open for debate which guy will be better in 2008 tells you that trading Hill for Bedard is a stupid move, considering all of the other factors I just listed in Hill's favor.

The Orioles aren't as fortunate as the Cubs in that our Major league postion talent other than Roberts & Markakis & Maybe Scott pretty much bites the big 1.

Most every Orioles fan here is tired of the losing. Giving up Bedard, Roberts & anyone else that other teams might value will increase our chances of being repectable considerably in a few years. Keeping Bedard, Roberts Etc, and adding to the scrap heap just continues that downward trend. And dont look now but the D-Rays are loaded with young talent as they have been so bad for so long not too mention trading their veterans. The Orioles haven't yet hit rock bottom ...But IMO this is likely the year we end up below Tampa. I can live with that if the outlook improves drastically. Mcphail believe's they need this as well or he wouldn't be talking about trading these guys!

If I were a expansion Team in the AL I if my choice were Bedard or Hill my choice would be Bedard. I agree the injury history is a concern but for a team in the AL so are the 27 HR's.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well according to a guy who's Mom is a travel agent for the M's - Jones and 2 others have been given plane tickets to leave for Baltimore immediately. No idea who the other two are as she just did Jones' ticket. Perhaps today we will finally hear an announcement?

Well according to a guy who's Mom is a travel agent for the M's - Jones and 2 others have been given plane tickets to leave for Baltimore immediately. No idea who the other two are as she just did Jones' ticket. Perhaps today we will finally hear an announcement?

Do you have a link to where you heard this? Because I believe Jones is still in Venezuela...

Just to make sure...is this sarcasim? Its been a long offseason for me to read.

Now THAT's inside information :D

My father works at Nintendo in Seattle and he said that the new Mario game will include sonic and he fights side by side with him in an epic battle to save the universe :o!!!!

Please use a smiley guy when you are joking...like this.:002_sbiggrin:

there are a couple of sites now like seattle times forum who are talking about the plane tickets too so it seems to be legit. Im guessing the mariners wanted to be able to announce the move at fanfest today.

I dont get why they would be coming to baltimore unless it was for physicals.

Wow. Major rep if this turns out to be true. (Even if you do think that Triunfel = Markakis. :D)

And finally - a link... :)

thomas1492

Some huge news folks... [sun Jan 27, 2008 9:09 am]

This source is very accurate by the way, she does travel for the M's players, and she has told me about 3 days ahead of time when Carlos Silva got signed, when we signed Washburn, and also way back in the day when we hired Melvin to be our manager.

So accoriding to this source, Adam Jones and two other players have received plane tickets to go to Baltimore immediately. I do not know the other players but Adam Jones for sure.

There is a deal in the works that is very close to being finalized.

http://forums.seattletimes.nwsource.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=37262&sid=ec3c16e6e9fd51ec9e5135b8d7f78630

So this could be for the physicals...

Archived