Some info

MoeknowsO's

It looks like a lot, but considering the M's would be keeping Clement, Triunfel, and Morrow in that scenario, I'd say all sides would be happy with the outcome.

I would really be disappointed if that is the trade. Jones, Triunfel, Butler, and Chen works better for the Orioles.

Do we really need to rebuild by trading away our biggest piece for a middle reliever. We already have two veteran set up guys and a slew of talented young throwers who will likely not be in our rotation

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If that is the case then everything I have read or heard during the off season is worthless, because nothing has happened. 90% of us on OH waiting for something to go down, what else is there to talk about? Baseball season hasn't started yet.

We could talk about steriods, or the TV set at OPACY, or what time AM goes to sleep. :rolleyes:

Two prospects i really like are Matt Mangini and Greg Halman. I think Halman could be a stud if he could cut down on the strike outs. It would probally never happen but Phillippe Aumont has all the makings of a stud. Im pretty sure we were interested in taking him last draft. I know he would have to be a PTBNL but i would very excited if the package was Jones, Tillman, Aumont, Mangini, and one of Halman, Tui, Chen, or Mickolio. We would probally have to send some one like Olson back. Hell in a perfect world it would be Jones, Trunifel, and Aumont. I know we had a terrible bull pen but if we pass on a Clement or Trunifel, Balentien, or Butler in favor of Sherrill i will be upset. I just dont understand why the M's in win now mode would trade someone like Sherrill. I would think he would be a major piece for the situation there in. I think they highly value him and would be much happier including prospects as would most of us here.

I would really be disappointed if that is the trade. Jones, Triunfel, Butler, and Chen works better for the Orioles.

Do we really need to rebuild by trading away our biggest piece for a middle reliever. We already have two veteran set up guys and a slew of talented young throwers who will likely not be in our rotation

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have Triunfel. However, as HarryReasonable and others have pointed out, he's probably viewed as untouchable by the M's.

Also, considering he's only 17, I don't know how much interest he'd draw from MacPhail.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have Triunfel. However, as HarryReasonable and others have pointed out, he's probably viewed as untouchable by the M's.

Also, considering he's only 17, I don't know how much interest he'd draw from MacPhail.

The only way I make this deal is if Jones, Truinfel/Clement, and Tillman are three of the 4 pieces. Give me Chen as the #4 guy. Since the Orioles are rumored to adding a prospect to the deal, I would suspect that Truinfel or Clement would be included.

Josh

This is Bedard we are talking about and if the M's are really serious about getting him and competing with the Angels, they can part with 3 of those top 6 guys. Trying to name half of your farm system as untouchable is moronic when you are asking a team to give up a legitimate #1 SP, 2 years from FA.

Jones, Triunfel, Tillman and change is not too much to ask. What has Triunfel, Morrow, or Clement done to warrant being "untouchables"? Jay Bruce I understand, some of these guys wouldn't even be top 10 prospects in some organizations.

I realize that Triunfel is highly regarded Seattle but we need another high ceiling guy to make this work for us. Clement would be another alternative, but he just doesn't make sense with Wieters on the way. We need some superstars to get us past the rest of the division. Trienfel is a risk but a really valid one.

If that is the case then everything I have read or heard during the off season is worthless, because nothing has happened. 90% of us on OH waiting for something to go down, what else is there to talk about? Baseball season hasn't started yet.

Dude, read the first post. The poster said it's speculation by a friend of the poster based on stuff somebody in the press said to the friend. And we've heard and speculated about the same thing how many hundreds of times - because we've heard that very same speculation... because we read it from press sources already. If you enjoy reading it for an infinite number of times, I'm not going to criticise you. Heck, I loved playing basketball against my brother even if I knew he was going to beat me every time.

The only way I make this deal is if Jones, Truinfel/Clement, and Tillman are three of the 4 pieces. Give me Chen as the #4 guy. Since the Orioles are rumored to adding a prospect to the deal, I would suspect that Truinfel or Clement would be included.

Josh

That's my hope as well. I just want to know the identity of the O's prospect. Here's hoping it's not someone like Penn, Erbe, Liz, etc.

Well my opinion is this gets done today and the deal gets announced as well at FanFest and Bedard will possibly be in Seattle for the second day of FanFest tomorrow.

My opinion is it's very, very, close...and will be complete as soon as they can agree on the other pieced besides Jones, tillman and Sherill. I's also my opinion that Clement, Morrow ro the young SS are not in the deal.

My opinion is it's very, very, close...and will be complete as soon as they can agree on the other pieced besides Jones, tillman and Sherill. I's also my opinion that Clement, Morrow ro the young SS are not in the deal.

Looks like Jones, Tillman, Sherrill, Butler, and Chen might be coming to fruition. ;)

Archived