Some info

MoeknowsO's

Call me crazy, but having to work out the other pieces doesn't sound too close. The players you named have long been considered shoo-ins..

Maybe we have a list of players to choose from and we are evaluating the talent available. If that is the case, than it could be close because we know we will choose two from that list, we just need to figure out which ones would benefit us the most.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One more nail in the coffin of Bedards Oriole days. Could something like the M's contacting Bedards agent behind the scenes and offered to pay full 8 asking, 11mil next year and a 15 mil buyout of his first FA year. Would make the deal to the M's even more valuable because they would then control Erik for 3 years.??

Moe, thanks very much for the post. Most of the rumours and glints of info is sure leaning towards a trade to the M's

Baseball (MLB) would take a dim view of that. That would be tampering. They can not talk to Bedard or a representative until a deal is made. Using your logic though, if Bedard said I will not negotiate with you, his value to the Mariners would go down.

I hope the Front Office isn't taking the weekend off.

They do seem to take a lot of time off down at the warehouse. Flanagan is working this weekend. The fourth floor windows need cleaning. I am hoping that Andy is working the phones. The clock is ticking and Bedards comments today did not help the situation.

Butler maybe..Chen probably not....Look for another player that doesn't have to go on the 40 man....Maybe someone young with high upside??

The deal is only 4 players if BB confirms what Moe says. Moe stated only 4 players coming back headed by Jones, not 4 more in addition to Jones.

FWIW- Jeff Zrebiec (sp?) from the Sun was on Schmuck's radio show today. He "predicts" Bedard will be traded to the M's by the middle of the week and Roberts will be a Cub by the end of the week or early the following week. He also said he believes the Orioles are counting on getting a closer in one of the deals (specifically mentioned Sherrill) because he has spoken to the agents of all remaining closers on the FA market and they confirmed the Orioles have not contacted any of them.

That's asking for way too much unless you're throwing at least one fairly significant prospect and/or serviceable veteran in with Bedard.

http://www.springtrainingonline.com/teams/seattle_mariners_6.htm

I was actually surprised that Chen who played briefly at AAA last season was not on the 40 man. My guess he will need to be added this year?

If I read what BB's opinion "The One" meant was Triunfel. I still wish we could get Clement ...But I guess you cant have it all.

Bedard & Payton/Gibbon/Walker/Bradford

for

Jones, Tillman, Triunfel, Sherrill, & Chen would be great.

Since they are talking to Wilkerson I think the extra guy could possibly be a reliever as they are giving up Sherrill.

As I would rather have Clement or Balentin over Sherrill I sure hope AM already as a deal made for him elsewhere as has been speculated!

FWIW- Jeff Zrebiec (sp?) from the Sun was on Schmuck's radio show today. He "predicts" Bedard will be traded to the M's by the middle of the week and Roberts will be a Cub by the end of the week or early the following week. He also said he believes the Orioles are counting on getting a closer in one of the deals (specifically mentioned Sherrill) because he has spoken to the agents of all remaining closers on the FA market and they confirmed the Orioles have not contacted any of them.

Good stuff, thanks for posting that.

I hope closer isn't a priority in the Bedard or Roberts deals. We don't need a top-notch guy there right now. If some candidate doesn't come back in a deal, we can play matchups in the ninth or use the hot hand. We could also sign somebody off the scrap heap. Either way, an experienced closer doesn't have much value for this club right now.

This gives tiny hope that Truinfel could still be ours. If we're getting 5 back you can forget about it.

Only problem is that BB stated he "thinks" that that Clement, Morrow, or Truifel are not in the deal.

So we are looking at Jones, Tillman, Sherrill, and Tui/Chen/Butler.

Chen, who needs to be added to the 40 man would be logical with BRob possibly gone, but I do think 40 roster spots need to be consider (Yes agree we could dump a lot of players).

I vote for Tui or Butler to be the 4th. Would prefer Butler, but we need positional players. Things could change if we get Murton and Cedeno/Patterson in a BRob deal.

http://www.springtrainingonline.com/teams/seattle_mariners_6.htm

I was actually surprised that Chen who played briefly at AAA last season was not on the 40 man. My guess he will need to be added this year?

If I read what BB's opinion "The One" meant was Triunfel. I still wish we could get Clement ...But I guess you cant have it all.

Bedard & Payton/Gibbon/Walker/Bradford

for

Jones, Tillman, Triunfel, Sherrill, & Chen would be great.

Since they are talking to Wilkerson I think the extra guy could possibly be a reliever as they are giving up Sherrill.

As I would rather have Clement or Balentin over Sherrill I sure hope AM already as a deal made for him elsewhere as has been speculated!

Moe only stated 4 players coming back, one of which would be Jones. DOn't see us getting 5 players if Jones, Tillman, and Triunfel are in the deal no matter who we include along with Bedard. Would be doing jumping jacks if we got all 3 for Bedard only.

Only problem is that BB stated he "thinks" that that Clement, Morrow, or Truifel are not in the deal.

So we are looking at Jones, Tillman, Sherrill, and Tui/Chen/Butler.

Chen, who needs to be added to the 40 man would be logical with BRob possibly gone, but I do think 40 roster spots need to be consider (Yes agree we could dump a lot of players).

I vote for Tui or Butler to be the 4th. Would prefer Butler, but we need positional players. Things could change if we get Murton and Cedeno/Patterson in a BRob deal.

Without Clement , Morrow, or Triunfel... I believ we will likely get 5 as BB suggested.

So we could get bot Butler & Chen in that Scenario

Jones, Tillman, Sherrill,Butler, & Chen

Gallagher, Murton, & a 3rd ...Still dont like Patterson or Cedeno... Doubt Patterson if we are getting Chen ... I would rather seem them get a ss prospects like Lillibridge or Briganc or someone like that!

Archived