vs. BLUE JAYS, 4/23

OFFNY

I see Tillman had to join the starters' parade of suck. Since he's already pretty much toast for this game by the results, might as well let him get toastier rather than F up the bullpen for the next 10 games. Is White Shirt Guy there tonight, or is Tillman just that horrible?

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>This team is out of sync on so many levels, but mostly just has no coherent plan at the plate.</p>— Peter Schmuck (@SchmuckStop) <a href="

">April 23, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The trolling is lame. He's throwing 91-92. That's what his average FB velocity had been the last 2 years.
I'd bet my car he's averaged less than 90 tonight. And he usually hits 95.

Don't bet the car.

Bet your red pip, so at long last, you can trade it in for a green one after 1,542 posts.

I see Tillman had to join the starters' parade of suck. Since he's already pretty much toast for this game by the results, might as well let him get toastier rather than F up the bullpen for the next 10 games. Is White Shirt Guy there tonight, or is Tillman just that horrible?

Today, he's pretty horrible.

God I hope not. He is on my fantasy team and already killing me tonight. I'm just praying right now that he can get through 5 innings with no more damage.

Agreed. April is almost over. I do think the offense/defense will be better when Manny gets back, but the pitching is mediocre at best. .500 club that may finish in the basement in this division.

Why do you think the offense will be better? I hope it will be, but Manny was far from a great hitter the last couple of months of last season. And he's another guy who can't spell W ALK, so, if he doesn't hit for average, he doesn't get on base for someone else to drive in. Hopefully, he'll be like first-half Manny..

Let me preface this with: I like Chris Tillman. I think he's a good pitcher. But really, other teams (not every team, but a good number) have either developed or signed aces. The Marlins have Jose Fernandez, other teams have...guys. Why is our "ace" a career 4.15 ERA pitcher who got his only all-star appearance on the strength of his win total? Even if he repeats last year's numbers this season, he's just not a number one starter.

/end whining.

I hope you are serious about the end of the whining. a 4.15 ERA ALL coming in the AL East I reckon would be about a 2.98 in just about any National League division. Does Verlander never get lit up? Cliff Lee? Halladay in his prime? It's one game man!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Meanwhile, a guy hitting .123 going into his last at-bat on Monday has six RBI in his last two at-bats.</p>— Peter Schmuck (@SchmuckStop) <a href="

">April 23, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Orioles pitching cures all.

Archived