Dempsey Accuses Toronto of Stealing Signs

brianod

Bud just told Hunter that Wiets and him switched to "night signs" after the early HRs. I guess you never know for certain, but Bud did seem to start focusing better after that. BTW, I LIKE BUD (more than some who will remain nameless, so as not to ruffle sensitive feathers).

There you go....night and day, something was up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dempsey's knowledge of stealing began early in life since his little league coach was robbing banks as they traveled in tournaments. I am sorry, but I couldn't resist. My buddy, actor, and huge O's fan John Schaech just wrote a book about that and Dempsey's career. It's called Caught Stealing. Oh, and the Blue Jays are slimy. http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/schaech01

Dempsey's knowledge of stealing began early in life since his little league coach was robbing banks as they traveled in tournaments. I am sorry, but I couldn't resist. My buddy, actor, and huge O's fan John Schaech just wrote a book about that and Dempsey's career. It's called Caught Stealing. Oh, and the Blue Jays are slimy. http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/schaech01

Hmmm. I had no idea! And I worked with him on Roadhouse 2. Wore my Os hat back then but I guess it wasn't a good time to talk Orioles baseball (November 2005/Katrina).

Bud just told Hunter that Wiets and him switched to "night signs" after the early HRs. I guess you never know for certain, but Bud did seem to start focusing better after that. BTW, I LIKE BUD (more than some who will remain nameless, so as not to ruffle sensitive feathers).

He did that when they had no runner on base. Comical. I guess the Jays spy after that got confused.

Did he finish that book after he finished that hit single "Alone In His Principles"?

:D

I like Bud too. I think he is a fine addition to our staff.

He did that when they had no runner on base. Comical. I guess the Jays spy after that got confused.

The spy is supposed to be out in CF somewhere in the stands. Why would it matter if runners were on or not (beyond teams generally changing up signs when a runner gets to second)?

For me, if a baserunner steals signs, that's not cheating, it's part of the game. If they are using cameras or off-the-field personnel to steal signs, now that's cheating. But in any event, I really dislike that team.

That's how I look at it. You let the other team steal your signs on the field FROM the field, that's on you. If the other team uses other means to do so, that's just wrong.

That is it. We have a winner.

I've seen it about 800 times. After a few viewings it becomes rather obvious that's not his singing voice. No offense intended, its just obvious when he sings that "I quit" part that its not his voice in the rest of the movie.

Archived