Dempsey Accuses Toronto of Stealing Signs

brianod

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The spy is supposed to be out in CF somewhere in the stands. Why would it matter if runners were on or not (beyond teams generally changing up signs when a runner gets to second)?

That is my point. Tells all we think they have someone in the outfield.

I've seen it about 800 times. After a few viewings it becomes rather obvious that's not his singing voice. No offense intended, its just obvious when he sings that "I quit" part that its not his voice in the rest of the movie.

No offense taken, and I agree completely. You'd be surprised how many people have asked me about whether or not he sang the songs over the years, though.

I think we have to be careful when they come to OP as well. I referred to Rasmus crushing that game tying HR a few weeks ago on Saturday night and then Sunday afternoon they scored 11 runs I believe and they crushed the ball that afternoon. I still think they have special bats because knowing what pitch is coming is huge for the hitter but the distance they get when they make contact is special. I go to a lot of games at OP, at least one game for each series, and you have to listen to the ball explode off their bats and see the distance in person to understand this isn't normal. It almost looks like they pick and choose when they cheat so as not to get the league to discover their ways. I don't think they cheat every game. As long as they stay close to the top of the division they are okay. Is there anyone else that can't stand their manager?

For me, if a baserunner steals signs, that's not cheating, it's part of the game. If they are using cameras or off-the-field personnel to steal signs, now that's cheating. But in any event, I really dislike that team.

I respectfully disagree. I think the fact that you have to cover your mouth in order to talk to each other on the field is unfortunate as well. There is no honor in either.

I can understand your point, but I think it's a shame. Where does it end?

Anyone else notice right after Norris switched signs and Lawrie struck out on that sweet slider, Lawrie made a gesture towards the OF like a "WTF" gesture. Like he thought it was going to be a fastball, but due to the change up in signs it was a slider. I know he's a guy who plays with a lot of emotion and an asshole so I just assume he couldn't help himself and gave himself away. I am probably reading way too much into it, but man do I ****ing hate that guy.

Anyone else notice right after Norris switched signs and Lawrie struck out on that sweet slider, Lawrie made a gesture towards the OF like a "WTF" gesture. Like he thought it was going to be a fastball, but due to the change up in signs it was a slider. I know he's a guy who plays with a lot of emotion and an asshole so I just assume he couldn't help himself and gave himself away. I am probably reading way too much into it, but man do I ****ing hate that guy.

No. U are right on point. Changing a fastball sign into a slider sign is just brilliant to these dudes. I hope they end up in last place for all these shenanigans they're pulling, once again. They deserve it more than any other team in the division as far as I'm concerned.

Tillman's stuff wasn't very good in the 2nd inning...but I DID get the impression that the Jays knew what was coming, either because Tillman was tipping pitches or they were getting signals. I'm not convinced of it. It was just an impression that I got that could be way off base.

Dead serious, I had the exact same feeling watching that game.

In that inning, they were sitting dead red on pitches and belting them. My guess is the reason he was so successful AFTER that inning is because they changed up the signs and they lost their advantage. I really, truly felt that is exactly what happened when I was watching.

I wonder though, didn't john Farrell coach them for a year or two? Would he know about the operation? It would be very interesting to me to see how well the Sucks protect their signs in games their and how well the blue jays hit against their pitching in Rogers centre vs. every other team that plays there.

Could tell a good deal of the story quite honestly.

I respectfully disagree. I think the fact that you have to cover your mouth in order to talk to each other on the field is unfortunate as well. There is no honor in either.

I can understand your point' date=' but I think it's a shame. Where does it end?[/quote']

It should at that place where the conduct violates the written rules of the sport or is against the law. Corking bats is against the rules. Putting foreign substances on the ball is against the rules. Using PEDs is against the rules. Stealing signs from the field is plainly within the rules, and therefore, is not cheating.

They are using cameras or off-the-field personnel to steal signs, now that's cheating. But in any event, I really dislike that team.

I agree with you completely. And they do have a guy up in the hotel. A light goes on and off.

Archived