vs. Royals 4/27

weams

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im sorry, but stats doesn't tell everything. Poor command and high pitch counts. Why do you bother watching the game. Just look on your computer after the game and check the stats.

What? A pitcher who doesn't allow very many earned runs over 5+ innings per start is bad because...you don't like him? Did he forget to send you flowers on your birthday?

He just made it through 6 innings after allowing 3 ER (one of which shouldn't have been earned due to the rundown). But he's bad...just because?

I hope you enjoy watching the...what, four (?) major league pitchers who satisfy your entirely subjective standards.

As do runs scored (for the opponent.)

Gonzalez was let down by the defense twice today.

Once with an official error (Jones), and once with an unofficial error (Markakis.)

1-0 On Jones

2-0 On Gonzo couldn't put the hitter away 0-2 and that guy scored

4-0 On Gonzo too Nick not use to playing First base that kinda play will happen. Infante got a meatball and rocked it.

You know what else does? Having a hitter down in the count 0-2, then nibbling and walking the guy.

And I don't disagree but you can't blame pitch counts on pitchers all the time. So let's have some perspective Mr. I watch games. Clearly, you haven't today.

What? A pitcher who doesn't allow very many earned runs over 5+ innings per start is bad because...you don't like him? Did he forget to send you flowers on your birthday?

He just made it through 6 innings after allowing 3 ER (one of which shouldn't have been earned due to the rundown). But he's bad...just because?

I hope you enjoy watching the...what, four (?) major league pitchers who satisfy your entirely subjective standards.

Do you ever respond without a snarky comment? I bet your a joy to be around in person. Glad I'll never experience that.

1-0 On Jones

2-0 On Gonzo couldn't put the hitter away 0-2 and that guy scored

4-0 On Gonzo too Nick not use to playing First base that kinda play will happen. Infante got a meatball and rocked it.

You can defend on that basis if you insist, but Nick didn't make a positioning error, or fail to scoop a difficult throw in the dirt. He made a mistake throwing a baseball less than 80 feet. That is the most basic, fundamental baseball activity I can think of.

Archived