Batting third, and playing RF - Francisco Peguero

wildcard

Not saying I advocate it, but I assume they are putting him there for a reason.

The Tides have 5 second baseman. Casilla, DeJesus, Weeks, Phelps and Lombardozzi. One plays SS. One plays left. The other two play 2B and DH. Phelps who is almost a second baseman plays 3B.

I think it will take an injury on the Orioles to get Lombardozzi promoted.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, Time to call Peguero up.

He went 3 for 4 with a Double, HBP and 4 runs scored tonight.

His line is 354/404/417/821 in 48 AB. He has scored 11 runs.

Peguero ahould be up for the Cleveland series. Lough DFA'd and outrighted to Norfolk. Lough probably will not be claim.

The Tides have 5 second baseman. Casilla, DeJesus, Weeks, Phelps and Lombardozzi. One plays SS. One plays left. The other two play 2B and DH. Phelps who is almost a second baseman plays 3B.

I think it will take an injury on the Orioles to get Lombardozzi promoted.

Lol, so true about the 2nd baseman. Odd indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peguero ahould be up for the Cleveland series. Lough DFA'd and outrighted to Norfolk. Lough probably will not be claim.

Please, please, please!

Or at least Lombo.

You nailed it wildcard.

Yes, do it now, before his exceptionally tenuous case evaporates into thin air.

Yes, do it now, before his exceptionally tenuous case evaporates into thin air.

Did he sleep with your gf?:) Lough has been awful. You said yourself it that the difference is probably minimal at best. Give another guy a shot. Lough has little to no value, I would be more concerned about losing Reimold quite frankly.

Bring up Peguero, Lombo or Weeks. I have seen enough of this guy.

Did he sleep with your gf?:) Lough has been awful. You said yourself it that the difference is probably minimal at best. Give another guy a shot. Lough has little to no value, I would be more concerned about losing Reimold quite frankly.

Bring up Peguero, Lombo or Weeks. I have seen enough of this guy.

I'm not a fan of shuffling the deck for no good reason. Yes, Lough has been bad. But there's almost no evidence that Peguero can hit major league pitching. Your BB gun isn't stopping that Panzer tank, so you might as well try a blow dart gun because it just hit that paper target four times out of five.

I'm not a fan of shuffling the deck for no good reason. Yes, Lough has been bad. But there's almost no evidence that Peguero can hit major league pitching. Your BB gun isn't stopping that Panzer tank, so you might as well try a blow dart gun because it just hit that paper target four times out of five.

Why not bring up Lombo or Weeks then? Sure we don't have a backup CF but zjohns plays every inning anyways.

If not, Berry would have more value at this point.

Why not bring up Lombo or Weeks then? Sure we don't have a backup CF but zjohns plays every inning anyways.

If not, Berry would have more value at this point.

I don't think there are any good options. No matter what the odds of getting better than a .650 OPS with decent defense are minimal. That's really why I'm not that averse to letting Lough work through his problems.

The O's have to make a decision on Peguero within a week. He will not make it through waivers with the numbers he is putting up. Lough on the other hand has a very good chance of making through waivers and if he does he can be outrighted to Norfolk. Since this will be his first time being outrighted he as to accept the assignment to Norfolk.

I see Peguero as the logical move at this point. He has earned a chance with his play at AAA Norfolk in the International League which is a harder league to hit in than the Pacific Coast League.

The O's have to make a decision on Peguero within a week. He will not make it through waivers with the numbers he is putting up. Lough on the other hand has a very good chance of making through waivers and if he does he can be outrighted to Norfolk. Since this will be his first time being outrighted he as to accept the assignment to Norfolk.

I think you've got this backwards. Lough is more likely to be claimed on waivers than Peguero is.

Lough at least has one established skill in the majors -- playing excellent defense. That alone might make a team willing to take a chance on him despite his brutal offensive season thus far. Peguero, meanwhile, is an unknown commodity in the majors, and his minor league numbers don't suggest he's bound for big league success. Keep in mind that Lough handily out-hit Peguero in the minors (higher OBP, SLG, and OPS), though he is a bit older than Peguero.

If you're that worried about losing Peguero, then you could call him up to replace Delmon Young, who doesn't have any role on this team that Steve Pearce can't fill.

The O's evaluators must have had some treason for picking up Peguero. in spite of his poor numbers. I wonder what that could have been? Or maybe they just forgot to call Drungo.

Or Peguero is one of the several 4A types that DD routinely signs for depth, hoping to catch lightening in a bottle, etc., and then releases during a given year.

Are you honestly going to argue that EVERY player that the O's acquire helps the team? Or even makes it onto the team?

Archived