Davis Up, Wieters to DL

Can_of_corn

Yeah, rather sign Morales and/or look at getting a LH bat to play LF than go that route.

I don't think signing Morales is an option. If they O's are not willing to meet his asking price with a pick attached (they of course would only lose a third rounder) I don't see them paying up once the pick is gone.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The guys on XMSirius talked today like Wieters will need surgery to catch again. They also talked of negotiating to keep his bat in the lineup as DH with Scott Boras.

Can't understand why people think they know what will happen with Wieters' arm when he, nor Andrews, nor Buck, nor the team trainers and doctors don't know. If they were sure he would need surgery he would be having it now.

I don't think signing Morales is an option. If they O's are not willing to meet his asking price with a pick attached (they of course would only lose a third rounder) I don't see them paying up once the pick is gone.

We'll see how things fall out. Lets just say I prefer Morales over Wieters at DH.

The only telling thing about it is that it tells you I don't pay attention to other teams much at all.
I suppose that's why it's easy for you to throw out that we can get some generic good hitting and good fielding left fielder in mid May like it's a trip to the grocery store for a carton of milk.
I don't drink milk.
Studies have shown it increases brain function and memory.
I forgot.

Enjoyed this. Well done boys.

Yeah, it's still May and pretty much every team thinks they're still in it. Not going to get somebdoy who can both hit and field that easy, even if it as platoon LHB guy. I think it's telling that you can't come up with one single name. On the other hand, Morales is out there, won't cost too much and and fits quite nicely as a LHB imo. Just use Lough/Peguero as the late inning defensive replacement for Cruz.

Several internal options:

Jemile Weeks and Steve Lombardozzi are getting time in LF in Norfolk.

Nolan Reimold is now participating in all baseball activities.

This should be reassuring.

Several internal options:

Jemile Weeks and Steve Lombardozzi are getting time in LF in Norfolk.

Nolan Reimold is now participating in all baseball activities.

This should be reassuring.

Yeah, i feel much better now.

It seems Wieters is unlikely to rejoin the team when he becomes eligible on May 26th (which seemed awfully optimistic). On Monday he had a PRP (platelet rich plasma) injection and it usually takes a week or so for recovery from the injection.

Showalter discussed earlier today.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-wieters-had-prp-injection-monday-20140518,0,917351.story?track=rss

So Wieters will start trying to throw around 5/26. If he feels OK then he will gradually build up to a return. How long might that take? A week? Two? It's possible he can return mid June. If not that will be about the time signing Morales will not cost a pick.......:scratchchinhmm:

• 2 weeks later...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Wieters still has no timetable for throwing. Says his elbow is feeling better & is closer to testing it. Hundley looks like starting C 4 now</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

">May 27, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So Wieters will start trying to throw around 5/26. If he feels OK then he will gradually build up to a return. How long might that take? A week? Two? It's possible he can return mid June. If not that will be about the time signing Morales will not cost a pick.......:scratchchinhmm:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Wieters still has no timetable for throwing. Says his elbow is feeling better & is closer to testing it. Hundley looks like starting C 4 now</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="
">May 27, 2014</a></blockquote>

Yeah. I guess he did not heal.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Matt Wieters throwing session went well. Showalter doesn't think he'll be ready for another four weeks if things go well. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Orioles&src=hash">#Orioles</a></p>— Rich Dubroff (@RichDubroffCSN) <a href="

">June 1, 2014</a></blockquote>

It seems Wieters is unlikely to rejoin the team when he becomes eligible on May 26th (which seemed awfully optimistic). On Monday he had a PRP (platelet rich plasma) injection and it usually takes a week or so for recovery from the injection.

Showalter discussed earlier today.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-wieters-had-prp-injection-monday-20140518,0,917351.story?track=rss

This is Bundy all over again. I just hope we don't push the surgery back and he won't be ready for OD next year.

Archived