High time for Schoop to go down?

LookitsPuck

Lombo is a better option at this time ... He's a better contact hitter and does the little things

And he is consistent, he is pretty consistent at Norfolk too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buck is maddening. Why he thinks batting Schoop (and overly aggressive hitter) 2nd in Manny's absence is beyond me.

After tonight's 0'fer, Schoops new line:

213/257/331 - 588 OPS.

His last 10 games: 34 at bats, 5 H, 0 RBI, 0 HR, 2 BB, 4 SO...for a batting average of 147. No power. 194 OBP.

Since his 4 hit night against Boston back on April 18th, his batting average has went from 304 all the way down to 213.

In May, his slash line: 192/263/250 - 513 OPS. He's walked *3* times in May. He's been HBP twice.

He needs to go down and work on his hitting. WAYYYY too aggressive. Very little patience. Want to know how bad he's been?

His damage is ONLY done on the first pitch or on a 1-0 count. After a 1-0 count? 49 plate appearances: 196/245/304 - 549 OPS. 12 strikeouts.

I really like Schoop. I think he has a bright future as our second baseman of the future. But he is NOT ready at all right now.

Only excuse I can come up with is Buck wanted to give him an opp hitting in front of Davis to see if he could do anything. Last year we didn't have a 2nd basemen or DH. This year we don't have a 2nd basemen or LF. As much as I like Schoop he needs to go down. I'd DFA Young and option Schoop and bring up Peguero and Lombardozzi. Young has no position on this team. We dont pinch hit. American League. Pearce is a better OF'er and DH against LHP. If he get's claimed so be it. At this point he's redundant.

Peguero and Lough are around the same age and both have similar skill sets. I say let them battle it out and see who wins. Then try Alvarez. Then try trade.

Manny out and a lefty on the hill. There aren't too many good options for Buck there. Schoop sees more strikes in the 2 hole maybe?

I guess he could have put Hardy there but 2nd, 6th... how much difference does that really make?

It didn't work out too well for Schoop tonight, though.

Manny out and a lefty on the hill. There aren't too many good options for Buck there. Schoop sees more strikes in the 2 hole maybe?

I guess he could have put Hardy there but 2nd, 6th... how much difference does that really make?

Hardy should have batted 2nd. End of story.

Young would have been my second choice.

Should've played Pearce and had him bat 2nd.

On the topic of Schoop hitting second.

Yes from an analytical standpoint it is dumb to give extra at bats to someone struggling.

But, we all also know that lineup construction plays a very minor part in run production.

It is possible that Buck moves Schoop to second for reasons other then trying to maximize scoring in last night's game.

For instance he may have been trying to show that he still has faith in Schoop, or he could have been trying to get Schoop to alter his approach.

On the topic of Schoop hitting second.

Yes from an analytical standpoint it is dumb to give extra at bats to someone struggling.

But, we all also know that lineup construction plays a very minor part in run production.

It is possible that Buck moves Schoop to second for reasons other then trying to maximize scoring in last night's game.

For instance he may have been trying to show that he still has faith in Schoop, or he could have been trying to get Schoop to alter his approach.

Or, maybe he didn't want to weaken every position in the lineup by moving someone who was performing well where they were.

Archived