Chance Sisco...

EagleOriole

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And they have yet another 19 year old catcher on one of their Dominican teams - Ronald Soto - doing very well there after a rough start in the GCL. He's a big guy listed at 6'4 220. I think he was a highly regarded signing a year or so ago.

I've seen Soto down in Sarasota and nothing about him stands out at all. He doesn't have a good arm and looked over matched at the plate. Heim has a long swing, I believe this will hinder his progression when he's promoted to higher levels and he's not really doing very well in the GCL. His defense hasn't really impressed either, also it might be just me, but I don't like his body language for such a young kid, doesn't seem to be having much fun while he plays. Now I understand down here in the GCL it's got to be tough on the catchers due to all games being played in the hot afternoons, but I've seen plenty of catchers on the other teams and it doesn't seem to effect their play

I've seen Soto down in Sarasota and nothing about him stands out at all. He doesn't have a good arm and looked over matched at the plate. Heim has a long swing, I believe this will hinder his progression when he's promoted to higher levels and he's not really doing very well in the GCL. His defense hasn't really impressed either, also it might be just me, but I don't like his body language for such a young kid, doesn't seem to be having much fun while he plays. Now I understand down here in the GCL it's got to be tough on the catchers due to all games being played in the hot afternoons, but I've seen plenty of catchers on the other teams and it doesn't seem to effect their play

Only 80 plate appearances, but Diaz if .924 OPSing on an O's DR team. Even his size didn't stand out at all?

Only 80 plate appearances, but Diaz if .924 OPSing on an O's DR team. Even his size didn't stand out at all?

Are we talking Soto, if so he is big, but not an athletic build at all. Being a big O's fan, trust me I hope they all develop, but the SSS I saw didn't look promising

Are we talking Soto, if so he is big, but not an athletic build at all. Being a big O's fan, trust me I hope they all develop, but the SSS I saw didn't look promising

Yes, sorry about the typo. Thanks for your views.

So the O's may have overhyped their international signings?

What shocking news!

And here I was thinking they picked up a couple first round equivalent talents that would take the sting out of giving away their top three draft picks.

What shocking news!

And here I was thinking they picked up a couple first round equivalent talents that would take the sting out of giving away their top three draft picks.

Hey, Gabriel Lino + hype got us Jim Thome!

What shocking news!

Soto wasn't one of the first round equivalents they were talking about. They were Diaz and Reyes, Reyes is definitely a physical specimen that has tremendous upside. He's struggling defensively, but the offensive potential is there. Diaz was sent to the DSL and I haven't seen as much from him, but he did appear to have good offensive potential the couple of times I got to see him

Archived