Chance Sisco...

EagleOriole

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sisco ends the first half with an ops over 1.100 in his last 10 games with only two Ks against 3 BBs and 6 xbh. Cutting down on the Ks has been a nice development as has his XBHs - which have increased each month so far and are on pace to easily be higher in July than June.

Hitting-wise, statistically, as his numbers surpass Manny's, Sisco is emerging as the best HS hitter at Delmarva in some time - at least since I've been following the team's minor leagues closely - at least 15 years. I'd like to see him get promoted.

Feels like he's lapping the field for the #3 prospect slot this offseason. Figure it's Sisco, Ed-Rod, Walker and Alvarez on a tier 3-6, and making it easier by the day to choose him first from that group.

I agree. If his defense can catch up, he could be an uber prospect in 1 year.

The box score will show a 2 RBI single, but poor base running by Simpson prevents a 2 RBI double where Sisco was called out for passing Simpson - who was about 2 feet off first. Chance missed a grand slam by three feet.

Kevin (Baltimore)

Did any other Orioles come close to cracking your list? Also, have you seen Chance Sisco recently? His numbers have been ridiculous.

Klaw (2:28 PM)

No, although Rodriguez would be on the top 100 again. Saw Sisco a few weeks ago. He can't catch. No idea where they'll put him.

Kevin (Baltimore)

Did any other Orioles come close to cracking your list? Also, have you seen Chance Sisco recently? His numbers have been ridiculous.

Klaw (2:28 PM)

No, although Rodriguez would be on the top 100 again. Saw Sisco a few weeks ago. He can't catch. No idea where they'll put him.

Wow. .. he is always pretty frank, but geez.

Wow. .. he is always pretty frank, but geez.

I wonder when the O's will make the determination? He could certainly be promoted at a more aggressive pace if he isn't catching.

My guess is that they keep him there until he proves that he won't be able to handle the position.

A Move to 3rd wouldn't be the worst thing. With Machado and Schoop up the middle. 3rd is open right now in the future infield. The O's could still give Hardy a 3 year extension and not have to rush him. But Joseph turned it around with his defense so I'm not so down on that part right now. This has to be the best season in Delmarva by a position player since Jeff Fiorentino.

This morning BP posted notes on him from the weekend, generally in line with KLaw's "he can't catch" snark the other day, and noting fringe arm pop times.

Given that we know how much Buck loves to control the running game, how early is too early to wonder about other spots on the diamond?

This morning BP posted notes on him from the weekend, generally in line with KLaw's "he can't catch" snark the other day, and noting fringe arm pop times.

Given that we know how much Buck loves to control the running game, how early is too early to wonder about other spots on the diamond?

Leave him there until he forces you to move him.

I saw a piece on Montero right after he was traded and they postulated that even if he was the worst in the league in every aspect of Catching his projected bat would still leave him a useful player. (of course the bat didn't develop)

Archived