Losing 3 of 4 to the Worst Team in Baseball

Camden_yardbird

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Yankees have a -34 run differential.

The Red Sox have a -36 run differential

The Rays have a -35 run differential

Maybe they are all tied for the worst team. I would say the Yankees are more likely the luckiest team in baseball and the Rays are slightly below average. I would be surprised to see the Rays win less than 70 games.

When you play in the AL East I think you get about a 5 game adjustment compared to, say, the NL Central over a full year, maybe more. The AL is once again the better performer in interleague, so far playing .520 ball. I don't really have a problem projecting the Yanks/Sox/Rays as better teams than the D'backs, Padres, or Astros.

When you play in the AL East I think you get about a 5 game adjustment compared to, say, the NL Central over a full year, maybe more. The AL is once again the better performer in interleague, so far playing .520 ball. I don't really have a problem projecting the Yanks/Sox/Rays as better teams than the D'backs, Padres, or Astros.

You do know the Astros are in the AL now, right? :)

Losing 3/4 to the "worst team in baseball," is just baseball. It means nothing more than that.

Even the worst team in baseball will win a series every now and again.

The 1998 Yankees won 114 games, and finished 22 games ahead of the 2nd-place Red Sox. Yet they lost their season series to the Angels.

The 111-43 Indians of '54 played .500 ball against both the Yanks and White Sox.

The 1970 Orioles won 108 games, but went 5-7 against the Twins. The World Champion 1966 Orioles went 8-10 against the .500 Cleveland Indians. The 109-win 1969 Orioles played .500 ball against the 71-win Angels. The '83 Orioles lost their season series to the Yanks, Tigers, and the last-place Indians.

The Rays are not the worst team in baseball, no matter what the records say. They've been decimated by injuries, they can't hit worth a darn, but they're not the worst team in baseball. It was a frustrating series loss, but nothing more than that.

The Rays have won the first two games in NY. Those three young guys are hitting really well right now. They are clearly not a bad team, especially at the moment.

We caught them at the wrong time. That's all.

They need to play .700 ball here on out to have any shot.

Too deep a hole.

They went on a 21-5 run last season. That would put them back in the hunt, and given how this division is terrible, you never know I guess.

They went on a 21-5 run last season. That would put them back in the hunt, and given how this division is terrible, you never know I guess.

It's looking more and more like the O's would/will have to win the division to make the playoffs.

I'm the one that wanted to crush their dreams in the four game series.

They can be dangerous.

I don't think a wild card is coming out of the east and I don't think they can run down all four teams.

Archived