Orioles Trade Targets?

Nite

Ken Rosenthal is on MLB network and just said we're out of the race for Lester. I think we get a BP arm and call it a day, which is fine by me.

Id be very happy with Miller and Cabrera. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see a ton of O's/Lester talk tomorrow morning/afternoon though. Obviously these things change fast. 8 hours ago it looked like Lester would be starting in the next few days in OPACY.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the Astros want position players for Keuchel why not offer a deal around Schoop? Then go out and trade for a guy like Asdrubal Cabrera.

I kind of think id trade berry for cotts at this point.

If we do keep Gausman bundy and Harvey, there isn't a ton of room for berry in the rotation anyways.

Might be a great pickup for a team looking to strengthen the pen. Sending guillmet back down and having cotts for late inning matchups would be a huge boost.

There is a lot of smoke and mirrors right now. The way the trade deadline is going at this point we may not see a ton of deals the teams with the available players know there is not a ton of teams out of it and they are asking for crazy amounts of prospects and top prospects but in the end of the day those demands tend to come down. Last year the Astros wanted Bundy or Gausman for Norris then the last hours called and took Hader. The Rockies wanting a top prospect for De la rosa is insane. Lester a great pitcher but for a rental and then aksing for the Dodgers top 2 or 3 prospects.

Dan was nowhere to be found tonight. I think he was in the brick edifice.

<IFRAME style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; POSITION: absolute; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; WIDTH: 1px; HEIGHT: 0px; VISIBILITY: hidden; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none" id=twitter-widget-0 class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" frameBorder=0 allowTransparency scrolling=no allowtransparency="true"></IFRAME>

in tough spot for trades due to Harvey’s injury. Don’t want to (and shouldn’t) trade Gausman. Bundy’s value down coming off injury.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal)
July 31, 2014

<SCRIPT charset=utf-8 src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" async></SCRIPT>

They weren't going anywhere anyway, Ken.

<IFRAME style="DISPLAY: none" id=rufous-sandbox frameBorder=0 allowTransparency scrolling=no allowtransparency="true"></IFRAME><SCRIPT src="https://syndication.twitter.com/tweets.json?ids=494664737842814978&lang=en&callback=twttr.tfw.callbacks.cb0&suppress_response_codes=true" async="async"></SCRIPT>Maybe this is a convienent excuse for those who think six years of a top prospect is a fair price for 10 starts in '14. What does Harvey's injury have to do with anything? Not like he was going to jump from the Sally League to the Red Sox rotation. He's a guy who might help in 2016 if all goes well. Unless someone thinks this is career threatening, why would anyone care if Harvey is out for a month or two in '14?

The last thing the Orioles should want to do, trade a prospect to the Red Sox, who can pitch against the team for the 5-10 years or even more.

Not for a two month rental.

I wonder how serious the talks really were. No doubt DD and the Sox talked, but it could have been a three minute conversation and we turn it into a 50 page thread.

The last thing the Orioles should want to do, trade a prospect to the Red Sox, who can pitch against the team for the 5-10 years or even more.

Not for a two month rental.

I wonder how serious the talks really were. No doubt DD and the Sox talked, but it could have been a three minute conversation and we turn it into a 50 page thread.

I believe that if Harvey were healthy and no better offer occurred, that a package involving him and Gonzalez may have gotten the thing done.

If the Astros want position players for Keuchel why not offer a deal around Schoop? Then go out and trade for a guy like Asdrubal Cabrera.

I suggested trading Schoop for Keuchel earlier. It's really the only position player we have that could probably be a centerpiece of a deal.

Archived