Bedard saga to be resolved soon

dkdc

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baseball/bal-os0131,0,5335928.story

The Erik Bedard trade saga is expected to be resolved within the next couple of days as the Orioles and Seattle Mariners attempt to resolve issues that stalled a deal that was nearly completed earlier this week.
Angelos couldn't be reached Thursday to comment, and president of baseball operations Andy MacPhail hadn't returned a phone call from The Sun as of early Thursday evening.
However, team officials expect the deal for the Orioles' ace, which also would send pitching prospects Chris Tillman, Tony Butler and Kam Mickolio to Baltimore, to be resolved one way or another in the next 48 hours.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, Angelos did not try and extend Bedard?

He did not call Bedard on Sunday night?

Jones does not have hip problems?

Wow, the so-called journalists really look bad on this one. Props to Roch for keeping his reporting to either what he absolutely knew or what he was told by people who really did know, like MacPhail.

No problem. It's pitching heavy, but I'm not complaining. :D

It certainly is... and that's not a bad thing.

Let's say this deal goes through, and just for kicks, the Roberts deal follows for Pie & Gallagher alone.

That's :

Troy Patton

Matt Albers

Chris Tillman

Tony Butler

Sean Gallagher

Dennis Sarfate

George Sherrill

and

Kam Mickolio

Not to mention :

Adam Jones

Luke Scott

Mike Costanzo

Felix Pie

For

Brian Roberts

Miguel Tejada

and

Erik Bedard

I would say that's a pretty good start at a rebuild. You add a significant amount of young pitching to an already pitching rich system and you solidify your outfield for the forseeable future. Are you finished? Of course not - you have major gaping holes in your infield, but this is the RIGHT WAY to fix this team, IMO.

Now, obviously the Roberts deal isn't guaranteed, but if MacPhail can pull off these three deals as I have laid them out... I will applaud the man.

Archived