Bedard saga to be resolved soon

dkdc

However, team officials expect the deal for the Orioles' ace, which also would send pitching prospects Chris Tillman, Tony Butler and Kam Mickolio to Baltimore, to be resolved one way or another in the next 48 hours.

This implies that it could go either way, which is not helping my blood pressure. It better be resolved with Bedard going and Jones & Co. coming back, otherwise it'll be time to break out the torches and pitchforks.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only way I keep Roberts is if CHC seriously lowballs us. I agree with him about quality vs. quantity, but if, say, Patterson, Murton and Gallagher are on the table, you gotta take that. I wouldn't make Pie a necessary piece.

I like how Roch says you can move Jones back to center if Pie doesn't work out.

Kinda mirrors what I've been saying about high risk.

Hey BB ... Does the 6 for 2 indicate a postion player (Clement, Triunfel, Tua or Chen) that we have been talking about?

This implies that it could go either way, which is not helping my blood pressure. It better be resolved with Bedard going and Jones & Co. coming back, otherwise it'll be time to break out the torches and pitchforks.

Actually, Roch's latest blog entry doesn't have the could go either way phraseology. As I read it, he is saying the deal is done for Bedard pending physicals, which Belkast has heard are tomorrow. He points out that the O's are not one of the teams that announces trades "pending physicals". I'm feeling good about this getting done. I'd just like to know who the unknowns are coming back from Seattle??????

If Belkast's information is correct, "one way or another" boils down to:

-All players pass their physical, deal happens.

-Player(s) don't pass their physical, no deal.

I agree with Roch. If you trade Roberts it better be worth it in return.

I have to disagree with you Peace. Assuming this Bedard trade goes down, I think that with Roberts, you can take a larger risk on the guys you acquire. Take Adam Miller. If the man can stay healthy, he will be a great pitcher. That is a huge risk however, because he has not proven he can so forth.

I believe the Roberts trade can be for guys who have great upside, but aren't as sure to reach it. That being, it has to cover some of our needs, like a middle infielder.

With that being said, I would gladly take Pie and Gallagher for BRob.

Archived