Bedard saga to be resolved soon

dkdc

I'll believe it when I see it.

However, in the meantime it would be nice to see AM make some other smaller deals and move some of the older dead weight from this roster.

One step at a time... let's enjoy the moves that are being made- and that show a propensity to do what hasn't been done in years past. Things are moving... although I guess patience is overrated.. especially to O's fans.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If that really is the package, I'm very excited for you guys. That is a pretty damn good haul for a SP regardless of who it is. That's a nice building block package for your teams rebuilding efforts.

Thanks waveland. Very classy post. You are kinder to our team than some of our own "fans". Best of luck to your Cubbies this year!

There were some rumblings of a 6-2 deal recently. Also, don't count your Pie before it's baked.

Absolutely not... I would consider it a coup for Pie to be included in a Roberts deal. If I had to guess, I would expect Gallagher, a guy like DeRosa and another pitcher for Roberts.

Gotta find a couple middle infielders somewhere.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/roch/blog/

Looks like Roch is pretty optimistic that Bedard is gone. I agree with him 100% about Roberts.

Can't agree more with Roch, which is somewhat rare. No Pie, no deal. We have enough mediocre position prospects and way too many Sean Gallagher types already. We need potential impact position players. Thats the bottom line.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/roch/blog/

Looks like Roch is pretty optimistic that Bedard is gone. I agree with him 100% about Roberts.

The only way I keep Roberts is if CHC seriously lowballs us. I agree with him about quality vs. quantity, but if, say, Patterson, Murton and Gallagher are on the table, you gotta take that. I wouldn't make Pie a necessary piece.

Archived