GAME THREAD: 2014 All-Star Game

OFFNY

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He WISHES!!!
He did date her, amongst others.
After the recent split, rumors began to circulate why Jeter decided to end it with Davis. According to Page Six, Jeter has an issue with his girlfriends' fame.

“Derek likes to keep his relationships quiet,” a source told the New York Post. “In the past, when his girlfriends become famous and start doing sexy shoots, that’s when they break up. Exactly the same thing happened with Minka and Vanessa Minnillo.”

Jeter will be 40 years old at season’s end. It looks like he’ll begin his final year in the Majors without a girlfriend.

source - IB Times

I've been pulling for the AL this entire time.. but as its been pointed out we do play better on the road. So at this point I'm going to root for the NL.. because yeah Jeter gets the MVP if we win, and frankly I've had enough it. He's an all time great and deserves respect, but this is all too much.[/quote

It's a tough call. Best case is for the NL to go ahead and then the AL to win in the 9th or later. They couldn't give it to Jeter if the game is won five innings after he left game, could they? I take that back -- sure they could.

I've found it hard to listen or even watch this game without the sound, but did anyone notice that the announcers (I think first Harold ("I know what I see; don't try to confuse me with facts") Reynolds, and then Buck agreed) that Tulo is a great hitter apart from any help he may get from playing at Coors. I looked up his home/away splits for this season (12 more plate appearances at home): BA .417 and .265, HR 14 and 7, RBI 35 and 17, TB 122 and 68, slugging .748 and .463, OBP .497 and .367, and OPS 1.246 and .830.

Really felt Britton or O'Day should have been there.
I felt like Britton should have been there. I'm OK with not having any pitchers there, though.
Definitley Britton over Bettances. Go figure.

For what it's worth (not much), I'm glad that Zachary, Darren and all of the other Oriole relievers are sitting home, resting ........ physically, mentally, and emotionally.

Archived