Final Day Trade Rumor Countdown thread. (Deadline 4 PM)

weams

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And instead the O's have three absolutely filthy relievers. Other teams might have their aces for 7 innings, but the O's will be deadly if they can just get 5-6 solid innings from their starters.

Our pitchers keep us in it, the pen shuts it down.

Andrew Miller may be the most Bonafide player traded today. It would be like us trading Britton and O'Day.

And we would go nuts if they did. A RP who averages a 2.5 ERA, WHIP of about 1, and 40 innings pitched over that last 2-3 years. Plus he is only 29! I am guessing it is going to be awful for Boston fans for the rest of the season. Those Patriots preseason games might get their highest viewership ratings in years!

I am quite pleased with how the day turned out to this point.

- The Orioles got the LH reliever they needed and didn't have to give up any big prospects

- Price and Lester are out of the division and the Orioles have a lot of division games left

- The Yankees didn't improve much

- The Jays didn't improve at all

- Detroit and Oakland had to trade significant offensive pieces to get their pitcher

Seattle is the one team that I think made a significant move forward, landing Austin Jackson and Chris Denorfia for Nick Franklin+.

I am quite pleased with how the day turned out to this point.

- The Orioles got the LH reliever they needed and didn't have to give up any big prospects

- Price and Lester are out of the division and the Orioles have a lot of division games left

- The Yankees didn't improve much

- The Jays didn't improve at all

- Detroit and Oakland had to trade significant offensive pieces to get their pitcher

Seattle is the one team that I think made a significant move forward, landing Austin Jackson and Chris Denorfia for Nick Franklin+.

Austin Jackson is a pretty average player in my mind. Nothing special at all.

And we would go nuts if they did. A RP who averages a 2.5 ERA, WHIP of about 1, and 40 innings pitched over that last 2-3 years. Plus he is only 29! I am guessing it is going to be awful for Boston fans for the rest of the season. Those Patriots preseason games might get their highest viewership ratings in years!

Their consolation prize is they won the WS last year not 1983

More than Price? Definitely a very solid guy in 2014 but not over a past Cy Young winner. More than Lester?

Well, I mean for what was given. Both Price and Lester extracted a cost to their new major league team. And The Orioles games just got an inning shorter.

Think the Os just chalked up a chance at the ALCS and WS by doing nothing.

And yes, considering what the As and Tigers did, Andrew Miller seems like nothing.

All because we didn't want to give up one of our two injured pitchers because PPL THINK theyll be good.

I'm disgusted that ill be watching Detroit and Oakland in the ALCS.

Archived