Final Day Trade Rumor Countdown thread. (Deadline 4 PM)

weams

MLB OPSes of those guys:

Paredes: .580

Lombo: .638

Clevenger: .573

Urrutia: .586

Berry: .711 (inexplicably, since that's 50 points higher than his AAA OPS)

Borbon: .666

That's a lot o' replacement-level baseball.

A spark for a few games goes a long way when your in August though....some of these guys may help short-term

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We have lots of bats in Norfolk: they are red hot! J Paeredes, Lombo, Clevenger, h Urritia just came back, Q Berry, j Borbon...

Lots of guys that could help spark things IMO

What's going on with Urritia. Haven't heard his name but two times all year. And considering he spends a good amount of time in the majors last year I figured I would be hearing more.

What's going on with Urritia. Haven't heard his name but two times all year. And considering he spends a good amount of time in the majors last year I figured I would be hearing more.

Just came off the DL and started playing this past week.

Jim Johnson is still in limbo, amazing. Hope we get word we signed him and Joe Saunders to minor league deals, I would love that! Fingers crossed....

He has been release.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AOJ8M6LHQls" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

@mlbtraderumors: Red Sox Designate Mike Carp For*Assignment http://t.co/l2IW2T2dUX

Pick him up. Good left handed bat. .345 OBP/.665 OPS against righties this season with a BABIP .65 points below his career average and HR/FB% of 0 (13% in his career). Had an OPS over .900 against RHP's last season. Could be a great pick up.

He has a lower OPS this season than David Lough (.603 vs .599).

@mlbtraderumors: Red Sox Designate Mike Carp For*Assignment http://t.co/l2IW2T2dUX

Pick him up. Good left handed bat. .345 OBP/.665 OPS against righties this season with a BABIP .65 points below his career average and HR/FB% of 0 (13% in his career). Had an OPS over .900 against RHP's last season. Could be a great pick up.

In his GOOD year, he collected 1.2 WAR. He never ever came close to that. Before. Or after. His Only good year. Does he play Center Field?

He has a 2.2 wins over replacement in his six year career . I really do not see a fit. Not looking to tear down your thoughts, but he really is not good. In any way.

In his GOOD year, he collected 1.2 WAR. He never ever came close to that. Before. Or after. His Only good year. Does he play Center Field?

He has a 2.2 wins over replacement in his six year career . I really do not see a fit. Not looking to tear down your thoughts, but he really is not good. In any way.

He has onli appeared in 301 games in his career and only 1.5 seasons worth of plate appearances. He is a very good hitter (113 career wRC+) with a very good walk rate and OBP. He would be a very good left handed bat coming off the bench or to platoon with Pearce. Something this team desperately needs. And he will cost virtually nothing.

He has onli appeared in 301 games in his career and only 1.5 seasons worth of plate appearances. He is a very good hitter (113 career wRC+) with a very good walk rate and OBP. He would be a very good left handed bat coming off the bench or to platoon with Pearce. Something this team desperately needs. And he will cost virtually nothing.

His lifetime OPS is .763 being used in ONLY situation situations that play to his strengths. I just do not see a fit.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>On Thurs both my email &twitter accounts were hacked &compromised. They are now back working;thx for your patience & sorry for any confusion</p>— Jim Bowden (@JimBowden_ESPN) <a href="

">August 2, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA Jim not one person is going to believe this.

Archived