Yankees release Brian Roberts

LarryHarlow

Let's be honest for a second. Would u really feel more comfortable with De Jesus or one of the other minor leaguers coming up and getting regular Ab's in a playoff push and possibly in the playoffs? We have all seen Schoop and others who are called up and are just not ready for the big league pressure. It's possible we might catch lightning in a bottle, but I'm not willing to bet on it. I'd take Roberts in the playoffs over any of the options we currently have in the minors. I'd also take his bat, not necessarily his D over Schoop and Flash as well.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's be honest for a second. Would u really feel more comfortable with De Jesus or one of the other minor leaguers coming up and getting regular Ab's in a playoff push and possibly in the playoffs? We have all seen Schoop and others who are called up and are just not ready for the big league pressure. It's possible we might catch lightning in a bottle, but I'm not willing to bet on it. I'd take Roberts in the playoffs over any of the options we currently have in the minors. I'd also take his bat, not necessarily his D over Schoop and Flash as well.

I disagree. Completely.

Yeah u guys are right, Roberts definitely isn't serviceable at this point. These plays show his range isn't awful. Especially the last one. All this to say I believe we would benefit from having him around.

These plays don't show that his arm isn't awful, which it is. If he could still play his position still, the Yankees wouldn't have replaced him with a guy who is a worse hitter and will cost them an extra $5 million this year.

You mean, like Manny in 2012? As opposed to someone who cannot physically do the job? Certainly.

Manny in 2012. Michael Wacha last year. Uhh drawing a blank on that one lefty that

Tampa has but they also did the same thing with Price when they made the post

season in 2008.

Manny in 2012. Michael Wacha last year. Uhh drawing a blank on that one lefty that

Tampa has but they also did the same thing with Price when they made the post

season in 2008.

These ppl you are mentioning are top prospects, my point is that we have no top prospects to call up

Archived