Machado injury (Sprained Knee Ligament- 15 Day DL)

nevadaO

I still hate him (because he's a MFY), but that is cool.

Didn't see that. He's a good guy. I don't mean to sound harsh. I actually really like Jeter the person and think he's been a fine player at least offensively. I guess the analogy here would be Tim Tebow albeit Jeter has

much more talent than Tebow ever did at his sport. Tebow to me was a likable guy but I hated the hype machine surrounding him that would ignore his weaknesses. I guess that's how I feel about Derek Jeter. He's a

talented guy who is in this case a legitimate Hall of Famer but someone whose hype is way overblown. Cal was the better SS both on offense and by far in the field.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Machado had an XRay done tonight that didn't show any damage to the ligament. But the MRI will be a better indicator of the exact injury.</p>? Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="
">August 12, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Get well soon Manny.

Wtf. He's basing this off of the video? It's fine to say something like this on a message board but to go on ESPN and say something like that is kind of irresponsible.

Yeah, they had some medical expert talking about it and he was saying based off the way the knee buckled and similar cases he's seen before that was the conclusion he came to. Who knows, we'll find out soon what it really is.

Steve Melewski interview Chris Davis last night, and I really like the last part, about playing the hand your dealt.

I asked Chris Davis about the possibility of the team having to play for some period of time without Machado?[/color]"We are not thinking about that right now," Davis said. "Hopefully it's not too serious. Lot of unknowns right now.

"If we have to move forward without him it's something we are going to have to do. Had to do it in 2012 without Nicky (Markakis) and obviously last year without him. Kind of been doing it all year without (Matt) Wieters. You play the hand you get dealt and you make the best of it."]

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2014/08/manny-machado-talks-about-his-right-knee-injury.html

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Machado had an XRay done tonight that didn't show any damage to the ligament. But the MRI will be a better indicator of the exact injury.</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="
">August 12, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

X-Rays don't show damage to the ligament, that is why you do the MRI. Had 2 torn knee ligaments and nothing ever is revealed on an x-ray.

The fact he is doing interviews at all is a positive.

I didn't really see a pop. I saw a twist/hyperextension as he cleats got caught. We'll see.

Wow ...what bad luck for us. Makes you wonder about Machado's durability long term.

I tore two ACLs, one in each knee, in about a 2-year period so any time I see "twist/hyperextension" I cringe. But, never had a problem with either one since. In this case I'm putting full faith in my sample of one: it's a couple of isolated incidences and he'll be good to go until at least 43.

There's never been a real reason for there to be too exempting the controversy of who should play SS him or A-Rod. Honestly, nothing against Jeter personally but I think the guy has had just about as much as a fairy tale career as you could ask for. His team has missed the playoffs twice in his career and their worst finish was third. There are other guys who never see the playoffs or the WS. Plus Derek's defensive inadequacies at a

key position have constantly been overlooked. I don't think he's a bad guy and have nothing against giving him a farewell gift but I think he's lived what my Dad calls a charmed life.

Right. Put him in Milwaukee and he is an average player at best. The guy has had everything go his way. Its easy to hate the guy because he is a Yankee, and he gets so much praise constantly even tho he's not really a super star. Just a decent solid player in the right place at the right time. Nothing more.

Archived