Machado injury (Sprained Knee Ligament- 15 Day DL)

nevadaO

Reggie Wayne walked off the field last year after he tore his ACL. While Manny walking around can be a good sign, it might not mean much.

He did but then after they got xrays he was in crutches the rest of the way. I would think if they saw a ton of trouble they would want to have him keep weight off it and from swelling.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reggie Wayne walked off the field last year after he tore his ACL. While Manny walking around can be a good sign, it might not mean much.

Yeah that means nothing. I skied down a hill after I tore mine. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't turn, but I wasn't screaming in pain either

Are we certain that a pop means anything? You've mentioned this several times already. Couldn't it be a quick dislocate/relocate? I'm not sure.

Yeah I was going to say the same thing...could have been his knee cap moving. I can move mine and I don't have any kind of injury.

Are we certain that a pop means anything? You've mentioned this several times already. Couldn't it be a quick dislocate/relocate? I'm not sure.

I really doubt it. That is typically indicative of the stress of the joint finally giving in...

I hope I am wrong

I only say that because they were already working on his gait, etc. Not trying to pile on him or anything, just thinking out loud.

Fair enough, I get defensive about our players sometimes! :D Still, don't think there's any need for fatalism until we have a definite prognosis and even if it were the worst Manny will still have a great career, IMO. But after those tweets I'm confident it's minor, I don't think Buck would make those comments if they weren't pretty sure it was nothing seriously...serious.

Actually most ACL tears are non-impact injures. A Valgus (inward bend and twist: knocked knee look) during a cut or landing tears an ACL. Women are more susceptible then men. Not saying Manny tore his ACL. MCL is most likely.

Right. I used the term impact to mean impact with the ground, as you described. Not contact. Neither happened to Manny. Fingers crossed:pray:

Still waiting on the MRI before I exhale

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Encouraging that Machado was in the postgame handshake line and later walked into Buck's office to talk. Without crutches <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">August 12, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Manny interviewed on postgame show. Says the X-ray was clean. MRI will tell more tomorrow. He is walking but sounds like he should/will/might use crutches until he get a full diagnosis as a pre-caution. He was standing while talking to the press.

It is incredible how little drama there's been around him throughout his career.

There's never been a real reason for there to be too exempting the controversy of who should play SS him or A-Rod. Honestly, nothing against Jeter personally but I think the guy has had just about as much as a fairy tale career as you could ask for. His team has missed the playoffs twice in his career and their worst finish was third. There are other guys who never see the playoffs or the WS. Plus Derek's defensive inadequacies at a

key position have constantly been overlooked. I don't think he's a bad guy and have nothing against giving him a farewell gift but I think he's lived what my Dad calls a charmed life.

Archived