Machado injury (Sprained Knee Ligament- 15 Day DL)

nevadaO

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dejesus plays SS primRily. Not much time at 3b or 2b.

Lombo and Weeks mKes more sense than Cord Phelps: that came out of nowhere.

Wildcard knows his stuff but that is a head scratcher if true.

Weeks does play 3B. Lombo does have the arm for 3B. His fielding pct at 3B is not as good as Phelps. First thing to look at IMO is can the player catch the ball and throw the ball at 3B.

Sorry, but watching the video is not good. The Orioles are the Patriots of MLB. You will not get a straight answer right away. The angle the knee bent looks like a MCL tear or the same ligament he tore in the left knee. Often a genetical defect happens bilaterally. I am thinking first glance that may be it.

I was waiting for your reaction, and you said exactly what I feared most.

Sorry, but watching the video is not good. The Orioles are the Patriots of MLB. You will not get a straight answer right away. The angle the knee bent looks like a MCL tear or the same ligament he tore in the left knee. Often a genetical defect happens bilaterally. I am thinking first glance that may be it.

What about Christian Walker for 1st and Davis at 3rd?

Was hoping to hear what you thought. If not the mcl or the acl and just a grade 1 sprain (best case right?), then maybe just a few weeks?

Man this sucks.

The need is someone to back up Flaherty at 3B. Phelps has the best record on defense at 3B with a .970 fielding pct this year. He has a good OBP and he drives in and scores runs. Wieters can move to the 60 day DL to make room.

Paredes is too error prone. He would not be my pick. He might be Dan and Buck's. Shiny new toy. But I think they will regret it if they call him up.

Great analysis as usual but if they thought so highly of him, then why was Parades signed? Why was Buck Britton starting at 3b over him for weeks?

Plus, he isn't on 40 man.

I think if they make a move for a player not on 40-man, it will be Dejesus.

What about Christian Walker for 1st and Davis at 3rd?

This is terrifying. Sounds like a career threatening thing no?

Until they do the MRI anyone speculating about what grade it is, is just guessing.

Even a hands on exam only gives you a ballpark, the MRI is the definitive diagnostic tool.

Hope for the best. Some of the worst looking bends end up with little or no tearing (Grade I) others that look like no big deal end up being really bad grade 3 (surgical knee).

Great analysis as usual but if they thought so highly of him, then why was Parades signed? Why was Buck Britton starting at 3b over him for weeks?

Plus, he isn't on 40 man.

I think if they make a move for a player not on 40-man, it will be Dejesus.

I want to see De Jesus in the majors but he hasn't played much 3B.

Britton was tearing the cover off the ball at AA. They promoted him and he didn't hit at AAA, so they sent him back down.

Here are the fielding records for the Tides. Look at 3B.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/team.cgi?id=8140496d

I personally wouldn't think it would be career threatening. It would be like Tommy John. Better to get it out of the way early in his career. I would also assume that they would be stronger if rebuilt.

Archived