Machado injury (Sprained Knee Ligament- 15 Day DL)

nevadaO

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry, but watching the video is not good. The Orioles are the Patriots of MLB. You will not get a straight answer right away. The angle the knee bent looks like a MCL tear or the same ligament he tore in the left knee. Often a genetical defect happens bilaterally. I am thinking first glance that may be it.

What about Christian Walker for 1st and Davis at 3rd?

Am I wrong by suggesting that it would probably be a week before we get the true answer? I'm assuming that for a good MRI reading the inflammation has to go down. That could take a few days. What good would an MRI do tomorrow?

I remember last year when Davis' knee buckled in Anaheim, I believe it was. Everyone assumed it was a major injury and he'd be out for the year. He missed 1 game.

Just saying, no need to jump off the bridge yet. Just because an injury looks bad doesn't mean it is.

Good way to look at it. Hope you're right.

Sorry, but watching the video is not good. The Orioles are the Patriots of MLB. You will not get a straight answer right away. The angle the knee bent looks like a MCL tear or the same ligament he tore in the left knee. Often a genetical defect happens bilaterally. I am thinking first glance that may be it.

What about Christian Walker for 1st and Davis at 3rd?

Genetics can play a role but its a huge leap to say that. There are usually chondral or tibial-subchondral defects and abnormalities in those patients that can be seen on MRI. Those type of patients also usually demonstrate some degree of increased laxity (movement) in the joints. Its possible but with his knee injury last year I would suspect the O's were smart enough to cover some of those bases. More likely a result of bad luck or in some cases while rehabbing one knee, the limitations that puts on conditioning the other can have some effect.

I remember last year when Davis' knee buckled in Anaheim, I believe it was. Everyone assumed it was a major injury and he'd be out for the year. He missed 1 game.

Just saying, no need to jump off the bridge yet. Just because an injury looks bad doesn't mean it is.

I believe Davis just tweaked his knee stepping on the base and he was able to hop around.

Machados knee complete twisted and bent with his weight pressing down..which most likely means an MCL tear.

I am not trying to be all gloom and doom but this is not going to be just a few days rest.

I believe Davis just tweaked his knee stepping on the base and he was able to hop around.

Machados knee complete twisted and bent with his weight pressing down..which most likely means an MCL tear.

I am not trying to be all gloom and doom but this is not going to be just a few days rest.

I don't think it will be a few days rest either. I'm also not going to assume it's a tear that will end his season.

Am I wrong by suggesting that it would probably be a week before we get the true answer? I'm assuming that for a good MRI reading the inflammation has to go down. That could take a few days. What good would an MRI do tomorrow?

If it is a complete tear that would show up more than likely. MCL, PCL, LCL and ACL are significantly larger than the UCL in the elbow (also the locaton is slightly less obstructed with the knee) and thus are usually generally more easily visualized. Swelling can impact visualization, not saying that but it is not uncommon for a MRI the day after to yield good results

I want to see De Jesus in the majors but he hasn't played much 3B.

Britton was tearing the cover off the ball at AA. They promoted him and he didn't hit at AAA, so they sent him back down.

Here are the fielding records for the Tides. Look at 3B.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/team.cgi?id=8140496d

Davis can play 3b though. Dejesus can backup SS while Flaherty platoons with Davis at 3b.

My point with Britton was: if they liked Cord their so much, they wouldn't have promoted Britton.

I'm praying for the best and hoping this is just a fluke. I will say that I was at the game when Manny got hurt in a Delmarva game. It didn't look like anything happened at all and then he was on the ground in awful pain. Hopefully just bad luck, but those knees don't inspire a ton of confidence. I wonder if he wears knee braces on both?

Archived