Machado injury (Sprained Knee Ligament- 15 Day DL)

nevadaO

Right. Put him in Milwaukee and he is an average player at best. The guy has had everything go his way. Its easy to hate the guy because he is a Yankee, and he gets so much praise constantly even tho he's not really a super star. Just a decent solid player in the right place at the right time. Nothing more.

Average? .311 lifetime hitter with 3,432 hits.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't imagine having Ryan Flaherty as our full time 3B going into a playoff push. I think I'm about to be sick

Don't worry, they could use Chris "-31 UZR/150 at third" Davis instead. Over a two-month period that's only about a two-win difference in fielding at third.

In a kind of calmunderfire pure logic, science experiment way it's interesting that the O's could choose to replace the best fielding third baseman alive with someone who has some of the worst UZR numbers at third I've ever seen, Mark Reynolds included.

Wtf. He's basing this off of the video? It's fine to say something like this on a message board but to go on ESPN and say something like that is kind of irresponsible.

That is why I don't watch ESPiN. Yes, I said espIn. They spin everything just to make the show longer for TV.

2500 of those hits are bloopers, seeing eye groundballs or swinging bunts. On defense, yea pretty average. So yea, the eye test says pretty average actually.

You're being intentionally obtuse, right? 'cause as much as I hate all things Yankee, claiming Jeter was just an average player is pretty close to fact nullification. "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Jeter has about 1000 more hits than any SS who isn't in the Hall. You could add together Lou Boudreau's and Travis Jackson's (both HOF SSs) hit totals you'd about equal Jeter.

Don't worry, they could use Chris "-31 UZR/150 at third" Davis instead. Over a two-month period that's only about a two-win difference in fielding at third.

In a kind of calmunderfire pure logic, science experiment way it's interesting that the O's could choose to replace the best fielding third baseman alive with someone who has some of the worst UZR numbers at third I've ever seen, Mark Reynolds included.

*Shudders* I'm praying for the baseball gods to show mercy on Manny's ligaments.

On a serious note ...

As nervous as I am for Manny, I'm going to remain positive either way. I have no evidence base for this, but I feel having bedrocks like Jones and Markakis give us an intangible to persevere that other teams — even the good ones — may not have.

They're certainly not the only ones responsible for our terrific season to date — but I'm appreciating them a little extra tonight.

The shame of this is, Manny's season was getting better and better.

May: .220/.271/.284

June: .260/.313/.462

July: .333/.356/.565

Aug.: .378/.429/.511

It's not a coincidence that this team has played its best baseball as Manny heated up. Some other players are going to step up big time to compensate for Manny's absence.

The shame of this is, Manny's season was getting better and better.

May: .220/.271/.284

June: .260/.313/.462

July: .333/.356/.565

Aug.: .378/.429/.511

It's not a coincidence that this team has played its best baseball as Manny heated up. Some other players are going to step up big time to compensate for Manny's absence.

Let's not assume the worst. The MRI's at 10.

Positive vibes.

I'm not assuming the worst. But I have difficulty imagining that Manny will avoid at least a stint on the 15-day DL.

I think just a stint on the 15-day DL would be viewed as extremely positive. Thank goodness we have a very comfortable lead that could sustain that absence.

Archived