Machado injury (Sprained Knee Ligament- 15 Day DL)

nevadaO

I don't know if anyone's brought this up (apologies if so) but is there something going on with the dirt in the batters' box at OPACY? Besides Manny, I've seen AJ get tangled up there tonight, and just now Joseph too. Maybe I'm just spooked.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know if anyone's brought this up (apologies if so) but is there something going on with the dirt in the batters' box at OPACY? Besides Manny, I've seen AJ get tangled up there tonight, and just now Joseph too. Maybe I'm just spooked.

Doesn't seem like something that Buck would let slide by, weather notwithstanding.

Thinking optimistically, major ligamentous injuries are most often associated with impact of some significance. Twisting injuries are usually associated with meniscal tears. This may not hold true on the level of a professional athlete, but let's hope Manny is back sooner rather than later.

Davis can play 3b though. Dejesus can backup SS while Flaherty platoons with Davis at 3b.

My point with Britton was: if they liked Cord their so much, they wouldn't have promoted Britton.

Phelps was hitting .220 in April. Britton was hitting .330 at Bowie. They promoted Britton on May 10th and he put up 9 errors at 3B at Norfolk to go with 254/305. That got him demoted. Paredes is the Tides new 3B. But he can't catch and throw like Phelps. Nor hit for that matter. Phelps is hitting .340 since July 1st. Paredes in hitting 243/269 since he came to Norfolk.

As I said, the O's might promote Paredes. But they are not going to like what they get is my bet.

http://www.minorleaguecentral.com/player?pid=543647&type=batter&split=2014

Was hoping to hear what you thought. If not the mcl or the acl and just a grade 1 sprain (best case right?), then maybe just a few weeks?

Man this sucks.

Best case in Grade 1. Normally grade 1 doesn't get carried off the field. If a grade 1 he should be good in 3-4 weeks at most.

This is terrifying. Sounds like a career threatening thing no?

No not at all. Look how good he came back after the Left. Hard part is "IF" it is the worst it will cost him another off-season to bring up his conditioning. I do feel this is why he will stay at 3B his whole career. Less angles at third, more reflexes. If it is real bad the MRI would show it. Minor tears are missed on MRI, rarely major tears are missed.

Anyone notice the slow mo clip they just showed? I apologize I don't have the clip but when he had maximum tension and torque on the knee, just before it gives out, you can actually see what looks like a pop and something snap. You can see it through his pants... If that's what it was. Hoping for the best for him. Doesn't look good.

Phelps was hitting .220 in April. Britton was hitting .330 at Bowie. They promoted Britton on May 10th and he put up 9 errors at 3B at Norfolk to go with 254/305. That got him demoted. Paredes is the Tides new 3B. But he can't catch and throw like Phelps. Nor hit for that matter. Phelps is hitting .340 since July 1st. Paredes in hitting 243/269 since he came to Norfolk.

As I said, the O's might promote Paredes. But they are not going to like what they get is my bet.

http://www.minorleaguecentral.com/player?pid=543647&type=batter&split=2014

They'll play Davis at 3B until Hardy comes back, then move Flash to 3B, and bring up Dejesus to be the UTIF, assuming Manny goes on the DL.

Buck says MRI tomorrow morning at 10. Manny in good spirits and hoping we dodged a bullet and maybe it looked worse than actually was.

I don't think Buck is one to sell wolf tickets (am I using that expression correctly?? :D) so HOPEFULLY this is a slight, little glimmer of hope that this is NOT a surgery requiring injury.

Still expecting the worst, it's how I do. :o

Anyone notice the slow mo clip they just showed? I apologize I don't have the clip but when he had maximum tension and torque on the knee, just before it gives out, you can actually see what looks like a pop and something snap. You can see it through his pants... If that's what it was. Hoping for the best for him. Doesn't look good.

It looked to me like his kneecap dislocated, but I really have no idea what I was seeing (or what I'm talking about)

Doesn't seem like something that Buck would let slide by, weather notwithstanding.

Thinking optimistically, major ligamentous injuries are most often associated with impact of some significance. Twisting injuries are usually associated with meniscal tears. This may not hold true on the level of a professional athlete, but let's hope Manny is back sooner rather than later.

Actually most ACL tears are non-impact injures. A Valgus (inward bend and twist: knocked knee look) during a cut or landing tears an ACL. Women are more susceptible then men. Not saying Manny tore his ACL. MCL is most likely.

Archived