Manny Machado expected to have surgery on knee within a week.

Greg

What are some options outside of Beltre we could look at that might pass waivers? I really don't see DD dealing Bundy and any deal for Beltre would include Bundy. I think he would roll with what we had before dealing Bundy+ for Beltre.

And as others have said, there has been no real indication that Beltre would be traded. I'm sure they would have to be wowed by an offer and the O's aren't really in the position to wow anyone with trade offers at the moment.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder what the numbers are on rehabbing ligaments vs surgery. I'd bet 80 to 90 percent still have to have surgery regardless.

I bet. But I do also understand the idea of avoiding surgery at all costs. Plus next season was lost for him anyway. Funny this thread is about us losing Machado but to the Yankees losing Tanaka was a probable nail in the coffin for their season.

A fair point. I'm talking about this year. Manny wasn't healthy all year and was still very good. Beltre has been great, again. I'm just saying maybe it would be worth it.

I don't think it's a key cog. I'll take Davis and Pearce... and still having Bundy et al. Now AND the future.

I would be going at a slower pace. They had him throwing splits already.

Of course they have great doctors so I guess they know better then I do at my desk.

Gotchya. From a hopeful for a successful rehab position that does make sense. Well it is only the Orioles in front of them so maybe the front office thinks it's worth the risk.

Of course they are the only team that can take that kind of risk with their investments.

Why is it pathetic? The doctor's initial diagnosis (and prognosis) for several of the recent severe injuries to major and minor league talent and the subsequent diagnosis leave a lot to be desired.

You assume docs EVER KNOW what they are talking about! :rofl:

That's so cute. They BARELY know more than us layman.

I wanna win the World Series but at the same time I wouldn't wanna win it without Manny. He's a huge part of our team. Future star... And even a future hall of gamer as some have predicted. If not this year... Let's hope we take it next year.

No matter how much I like Manny I'll happily win it without him!

Archived