Manny Machado expected to have surgery on knee within a week.

Greg

Yeah between Gausman struggling, bundy and hunter finishing their seasons on the dl and machado not having completed a single major league season yet, it's hard to stay positive about the orioles ability to develop talent and keep it healthy........seems like our "Calvary" has gone Custer twice in a row now.

Twice in a row? Hello from Riley, Penn, and Loewen. At least we fleeced the Giants for Ainsworth and Moss. Oh and don't sleep on Liz and Olson.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Playoffs is were it's gonna cost us. Dan needs to get a 3B before Aug 31. Doesn't have to be a star just someone that has played 3B.

See this is the nonsense that drives me crazy. We are not talking a number one pitcher here. We are talking a player the team has already succeed without in recent history. No one knows what the playoffs could bring. Machado along with the rest of the Orioles went cold in 2012 when they went in the playoffs. Most people who win MVP awards and become heros in the playoffs, are not huge stars. They are players like Rick Dempsey, or David Frieze. Hell, Lough could win the ALCS MVP for all we know sitting here.

I know everyone wants to win now, but we also have a lot of free agents coming up that we may have to replace from within. I don't want 5 years of losing because we went for broke this year on a player that may not be needed.

The Orioles are fine. They do not need to trade for anyone to replace Manny. It may even help keep Chris Davis's head up because he will now be stepping up to help the team even more in the field by filling in for Manny and maybe that helps him relax just a bit at the plate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No offense to all the optimistic people, but I think you're really starting to live in fantasy land if you think that not having the Orioles most productive player over the last 2 years for the playoff run isn't a big deal. This is a huge blow, no matter how you slice it, and I think it will be what will end up preventing us from making a realistic run at the World Series. Its a shame, since everything else was going our way.

Very discouraging that he's suffering these freak injuries at such a young age. Whether or not he has taken adequate care of his body throughout his life is a fair question. I wonder if he's gotten enough micro-nutrients during his youth.

I really dislike this post on a couple levels. I doubt that Manny was ever undernourished.

I really dislike this post on a couple levels. I double that Manny was ever undernourished.

LOL, I don't even know what micro-nutrients are. Just had my first grandchild and I'm amazed how much people over-think things nowadays. I'll have to make sure he gets enough micro nutrients, wouldn't want him to hurt his knee when he makes the majors:)

LOL, I don't even know what micro-nutrients are. Just had my first grandchild and I'm amazed how much people over-think things nowadays. I'll have to make sure he gets enough micro nutrients, wouldn't want him to hurt his knee when he makes the majors:)

The WHO is looking to fortify wheat that will go to third world counties in aid so that the 43 pound 12 year olds have a chance. To talk about this with Manny is really an insult. There is no way that Manny did not have the proper enzymes and hormones as a child to develop.

No offense to all the optimistic people, but I think you're really starting to live in fantasy land if you think that not having the Orioles most productive player over the last 2 years for the playoff run isn't a big deal.

Adam Jones is out?

It bugs me to read that the team thinks his Injury isn't as bad and that he should be able to come back, but Manny is nervous about next year. It just makes me wonder if he's willing to put in the work now to come back now

Where did you read this?

...image snipped...

People need to stop with the defensive WAR nonsense. It's the same failed logic that assigned significant value to David Lough. I LOVE Manny. I want to watch him excel with the O's for the next 15 years, but he's been nothing special in the last calendar year.

People need to stop with the defensive WAR nonsense. It's the same failed logic that assigned significant value to David Lough. I LOVE Manny. I want to watch him excel with the O's for the next 15 years, but he's been nothing special in the last calendar year.

David Lough does have a lot of defensive value though. Why do you think he's constantly put out in the field at the end of games? Even this year, with his low offensive numbers, he has a higher WAR than Delmon Young whos hitting .300. Simply because defense IS important.

Archived