Manny Machado expected to have surgery on knee within a week.

Greg

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, I agree we can make for the loss and/or narrow the gap with other guys picking up the slack , but if Davis for Machado at third is a "little downgrade" on defense, I'd be curious as to what your idea of a big downgrade is.

It's just Davis is capable. Manny is amazing, but how often does he have to make those amazing plays? It's marginal. It's all pitching to me.

Why does anyone think TEX is willing to trade Beltre? They aren't rebuilding they are waiting for players to get healthy, and Beltre is a big part of heir core.

Beltre's an aging, expensive part of their core. It wouldn't be surprising to find that they're willing to trade him if a substantial deal present itself.

Just hearing Flaherty's name in this context makes me want to extinguish a cigarette on my forearm. Which, in turn, makes me wish I hadn't quit smoking. Then again, those two things might be related.

Emotions running high.

I am so unimpressed with Davis' defense at third that I am actually thinking about checking to see if Flaherty's Glove + Bat at third might be more useful then Davis' Glove + Bat.

Seattle was the only team that thought Bedard would get Seattle over the hump. And the deal was also made in February. This is comparing apples and oranges. I am not for gutting the farm system, but there is a real opportunity at a World Series this year.

And is it possible that we could be the only team to think Beltre would get us to the WS? That's a scary thought and I hope DD doesn't have it.

Why should the team give any important news to employees when it can curry favor with National writers?

Has to be his agent.

As far as trades people are looking at this all wrong. Don't try to replace Manny, try to find a left handed hitting complement to Pearce and Young, as of now they are both everyday players. I think Davis will stay at 3rd. Mike Carp would be a nice fit but I doubt he gets through waivers. Shame Urrutia hasn't had a good year.

It's just Davis is capable. Manny is amazing, but how often does he have to make those amazing plays? It's marginal. It's all pitching to me.

It also means that you have to keep a sub-.200 Davis in the lineup (essentially) no matter what. And given that Buck has let Davis try to work things out all season, without success, I don't think being forced to play him, Hell or high water, is all that beneficial.

I think the cost would be too high, but a lineup with Beltre and without Davis would look pretty good heading into September.

This sucks royally and hopefully he's healthy and ready to go next season. However in response to Bill Ripken I would say once you get in the post season it's a crap shoot and anything can happen. It does lessen our chances but we can definitely still win.

the fact that Machado can't even get through 1 season at 3b without having knee surgery leaves me no hopes of him ever being able to play SS.

Mind you, neither of the injuries occurred in the field....But, I just don't know how anyone could watch Machado go in the hole and not think his knee is gonna blow out every time

Hopefully, if the doctors fully, skillfully, and perfectly fix this issue with both knees, we won't see this again. Fortunately for us, Manny doesn't have a third leg and a third knee to do this to! :skeletor:

Archived