Predict the day we clinch the AL East

hutchead

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just hope it happens at home with a win so the guys can celebrate properly. I feel like they were cheated out of a proper celebration in 2012. IIRC they found out on the plane that they had won the wild card and didn't get to really celebrate until they beat Texas in the play-in game. A clinch at home where their win puts the over the top would allow them and the fans to really appreciate it together.

I want to see them celebrate it with a win on the field, preferably at home.

I'd hate for it to be a locker room only thing watching television. Even worse, if they clinch it after a loss. It just diffuses the sense of accomplishment of it all.

o

(POSTED ON SEPTEMBER 2nd)

o

September 18th, when the Yankees lose to the Blue Jays, and the Orioles are idle.

(POSTED ON SEPTEMBER 10th)

o

I still have September 18th (off-day for the Orioles), as I stated 8 days ago:

The only thing is that now, I'm not sure if the Blue Jays will be eliminating the Yankees, or if the Yankees will be eliminating the Blue Jays. :noidea:

I may have underestimated the Orioles.

They may clinch sooner than their day off, on September 18th.

The earliest the Orioles can clinch now is Tuesday. The outcome of tonight's game has no impact on that.

If the Orioles win the Blue Jays' series they clinch.

If they only win one game of the Jays series their number falls to two, and they run the slight risk of not clinching at home (They could get swept by Boston, the Jays sweep the Yankees)

Win the Jays series and it is over.

I am guessing it is tuesday/ wednesday.

The earliest the Orioles can clinch now is Tuesday. The outcome of tonight's game has no impact on that.

If the Orioles win the Blue Jays' series they clinch.

If they only win one game of the Jays series their number falls to two, and they run the slight risk of not clinching at home (They could get swept by Boston, the Jays sweep the Yankees)

Win the Jays series and it is over.

I am guessing it is tuesday/ wednesday.

What do you mean it has no impact? The Orioles have to overcome both Toronto and NY.

What do you mean it has no impact? The Orioles have to overcome both Toronto and NY.

Fair enough. If the Orioles win tonight, then the earliest they can clinch is Tuesday.

If they lose tonight, it does not impact the number to eliminate the Jays (which is still tuesday at the earliest) But the Yankees could be hanging on for another one/ two games.

If the Orioles win tonight, I put their final clinching at Tuesday/ Wednesday.

Lose - I call Friday.

Archived