Predict the day we clinch the AL East

hutchead

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Predict the day that we clinch the AL East title. For a tiebreaker, predict the score of our game on that day. Remember, we could also lose on that day if the magic number is one and the second place team loses. The winner receives two first row tickets in their living room for the Orioles first playoff game.

I'll go with Sept. 20 as we beat Boston 5-2.

I have no idea. The last game of the season.

Can we please stop pretending that message board comments have an effect on anything? Give it a rest already.

I agree with you in that I effect the Orioles results just as much when I put my socks on in the morning as I do when I post on this board (effectively zero) but some people believe in superstition, and I respect that. Seems a small thing to not raise their blood pressure and not make chicken counting posts on this board.

I agree with you in that I effect the Orioles results just as much when I put my socks on in the morning as I do when I post on this board (effectively zero) but some people believe in superstition, and I respect that. Seems a small thing to not raise their blood pressure and not make chicken counting posts on this board.

Respecting another's beliefs is fine. Orioles4Life21 is just asking El Gordo to stop annoying the rest of us with those ridiculous beliefs.

I've seen enough teams up by 8-10 games on September 1st go onto miss the playoffs entirely in my life to know better than to tempt the wrath of the vengeful gods of baseball ;)

Name one team that had a 9 1/2 game lead in September that didn't win their division!

I didn't say we would win the tie breaker. As long as idiots want to flaunt it in the face of the baseball gods all bets are off IMO.
I know you're joking here - but come on. Nothing we do here has an impact on the on-the-field product

What makes you necessarily presume that he's joking?

He appears to be pretty adamant about the existence of "Baseball Gods," and has explained his particular belief in them on several occasions.

He also seems pretty pissed off about the "idiots" whom he asserts are taunting said Gods.

That doesn't sound particularly humorous to me.

What makes you necessarily presume that he's joking?

He appears to be pretty adamant about the existence of "Baseball Gods," and has explained his particular belief in them on several occasions.

He also seems pretty pissed off about the "idiots" whom he asserts are taunting said Gods.

That doesn't sound particularly humorous to me.

[video=youtube;4BuZamufWAs]

Archived